VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disposal of the Young

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Disposal of the Young Empty
PostSubject: Disposal of the Young   Disposal of the Young EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 am

I have never attempted to breed ball pythons. I've bred plenty of birds: English parakeets, Bourke's parakeets, hundreds of finches, lovebirds, doves, chickens, pigeons, guineas, even peacocks. With those, disposal of the young was not difficult. With ball pythons being fairly prolific in captivity, I'm just curious as to how those of you who breed them dispose of the young. Is there a pet shop market? An internet market? Just asking, just curious!
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Disposal of the Young   Disposal of the Young EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am

for morphs it's the net. Some pet shops will take normals......but also reptile shows
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Disposal of the Young   Disposal of the Young EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Almost all my hatchlings were local/Virginia sales this year through VaH.  I have shipped within the 48 many times, overnight priority, to members of other forums.  Normals are hard to rehome but they are typically given to friends that want a Ball Python as a pet for themselves or family.  Either way, I think anyone that breeds should expect to keep every snake that hatches as a pet because they may be there for a while.  Having the means to house and feed all the babies ensures you have time to make sure they go to good homes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Disposal of the Young   Disposal of the Young EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:11 pm

I have a local wholesaler that will take all my normals. I only get 8-10 bucks each for them but I don't have to feed and clean them while trying to find them a home. All the other stuff I sell or trade to friends, at shoes, or online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disposal of the Young   Disposal of the Young Empty

Back to top Go down

Disposal of the Young
Page 1 of 1