VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)

Go down 
+3
smd58
jw
allaboutthekings
7 posters
AuthorMessage
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) Empty
PostSubject: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

[url=Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) Stripedchain_zps2234dd5e]
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Nice!!!
The number of crossbands suggests that the snake is from Delmarva or the Carolinas ?
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 pm

much closer than that Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Nice clean one
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 am

shes a pretty one
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Could I post this pic in the Locality Lampropeltis group on Facebook? It would be a good discussion starter but the rules there are that you post locality info with the picture. Only the County and State is needed. Or maybe you'd like to join the group and post the picture as a good intro to the group? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I don't mind if you want to use the pic, but I don't want to give up the locality. This may be some form of co-dom gene. She laid eggs shortly after I got her and some of the hatchlings are showing similar markings and some strange ones as well. This could be someone released cali kings or something that crossed. Im not really sure which is the case. And I don't know much about counting scales and such since Ive never had to before.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 pm

This is very neat. I like checking it out every time it gets bumped Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Focal wrote:
This is very neat.  I like checking it out every time it gets bumped Smile
Me too!
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Understood. I don't think it would be a chance Cal King cross as I've seen some similar in pics from South Carolina. Codom...? Never know but I suspect its just a pattern variation. However,  that doesn't mean it can't be selectively breed for that trait and thus get a stripe that's a little longer with each generation but that would mean a lower band count.... why not try?
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 am

Sent you a message
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)   Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastern chain king (checkout partial stripe!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: The Show Room-
Jump to: