VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wife's new rat....

Go down 
+7
zues
smd58
smb2585
ax2austin
fuzz
Focal
ezekiel21
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:08 pm

wife's new rat.... IMG_1866
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:09 pm

it looks so sad, lol. thanx clay, she loves her.... i think i found my new project Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Awesome! I use to have a dumbo but the mother passed before I held back any hets. Plus the dumbos are too cute for me to feed LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
fuzz
Established Member+
Established Member+

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Hey I have a dumbo rat picked up as a feeder couldn't do it so he got a stay.His tank mate not so lucky.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:15 pm

yea im pretty sure i got a dumbo rat to as a feeder. of course he got to stay as well. he is gonna be the start of a small colony im hopin anyways. he dont perform though unfortunatel he will be re named to dinner
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

He is sooo cute Ryan... alyssa wants a mouse?? maybe we can get her a little rat instead... i think they are too cute to be dinner.. that's why i cant really help much with feeding... Sad
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 pm

congrats, rats are the best small animal pet there is.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Glad she likes her.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:53 pm

That's how I feel about asfs cause I think they are pretty cute but oh well.LOL
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 pm

byrd'sballs wrote:
That's how I feel about asfs cause I think they are pretty cute but oh well.LOL
Watch it your soft side is showing
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Naw softside would be keeping em I fed feed em to the snakes I think they put more weight on the snakes
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 am

smb2585 wrote:
He is sooo cute Ryan... alyssa wants a mouse?? maybe we can get her a little rat instead... i think they are too cute to be dinner.. that's why i cant really help much with feeding... Sad

feeding doesnt bother me. i thought it would. im a real animal person..... if a house was burning down and a person and that dumbo was in there id save the rat first. but then if it came between that rat and any one of my snakes..... well obviously you all know what i would choose. my wife says im cruel but i dont see the difference between the snake killing a rat and a human slaughtering that cow that she has no problem eating. the rats wouldnt exist if we didnt breed them, they have a purpose and they serve it. just like my wife, she was created to make my life miserable and spend all my money, lol.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

hahaha love the wife comment
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 am

LOL nice touch Ryan... I mean I get what you are saying about slaughtering a cow because God knows I love a steak... but I guess it's hard for me to really think about it. I mean I have scooped up the rats and mice and helped feed before... but when they are cute and soft or different from the rest it sucks lol... but I wouldnt mind having a rat for a pet...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:37 pm

It made me giggle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:41 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
smb2585 wrote:

feeding doesnt bother me. i thought it would. im a real animal person..... if a house was burning down and a person and that dumbo was in there id save the rat first. but then if it came between that rat and any one of my snakes..... well obviously you all know what i would choose. my wife says im cruel but i dont see the difference between the snake killing a rat and a human slaughtering that cow that she has no problem eating. the rats wouldnt exist if we didnt breed them, they have a purpose and they serve it. just like my wife, she was created to make my life miserable and spend all my money, lol.

I totally agree! My husband thinks I'm cruel too! After working with rats for the last 10 yrs they are no longer cute to me, but it never fails if I have to go buy a rat for food, my husband plays with it and wants to keep it...until it bites him and then it becomes snake food!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Lokielani wrote:

I totally agree! My husband thinks I'm cruel too! After working with rats for the last 10 yrs they are no longer cute to me, but it never fails if I have to go buy a rat for food, my husband plays with it and wants to keep it...until it bites him and then it becomes snake food!

LOL that is funny... we had a BP strike at me and I immediately wanted to sell him but got over that issue quick and now I can't part with him. He struck at my boyfriend and now he doesnt care for him.. Its funny how everyone has some sort of reaction to being bit or struck at lol.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

I know! When Xavier was a few months old he struck too and Richard was like nope, no way he's gotta go, but he will be 12 yrs old soon! Richard will handle him occasionally. I did get rid of one rat snake that was horrible. He would strike at anything walking past, much less trying to pick him up.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 am

I LOVE dumbo rats! My first breeder male rat was a dumbo black hood named Monk. Rats make such awesome pets. I can't wait to start breeding them again. That one is soooooo cute!
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 pm

ClarkeReptiles wrote:
I LOVE dumbo rats! My first breeder male rat was a dumbo black hood named Monk. Rats make such awesome pets. I can't wait to start breeding them again. That one is soooooo cute!

yeah i enjoy them a lot!! i look forward to coming home from work and checking on my animals.... my rat snickers sits on my shoulder while i check on everyone and walk the dogs. and if my wife isnt home she sits on my shoulder while i eat and i usually give her a bite of whatever it is im eating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wife's new rat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: wife's new rat....   wife's new rat.... Empty

Back to top Go down

wife's new rat....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: The Show Room-
Jump to: