VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corn snake help

Go down 
+2
allaboutthekings
Don
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Don

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm

I am now in possession of some corn snakes that I no longer need. I bought them to breed for feeders for my Eastern Indigo. She is now eating rodents, so I no longer need these breeders, or babies I'm raising.

In looking at the regs, it appears I need a permit to sell them. However, in the regs it states that I can only sell them below 16 inches. Am I reading this correctly? I don't want to do anything that may get me cited and want to comply with all wildlife regulations.

The permit looks easy to obtain, but can someone shed some light on the legal way to sell adult captive bred corn snakes in Virginia?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:49 pm

gotta get the permit to be legal and that covers a few different snakes in va
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:52 pm

think it covers chain kings and mole kings and scarlet kings in one permit as well as corns
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:53 pm

I vote feed them off and film it for us to see!!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 am

b_rickard wrote:
Nah, if hes got it converted no need to go back
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 am

iagree 
b_rickard wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 am

buy a monitor.....if i had extra corns i would it's good for them
Back to top Go down
Don

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 am

Sorry, I don't post feeding pictures or videos. I remember a big named breeder fed a bp morph to a kingsnake and posted on the Internet. It caused a big uproar. I learned from that, no matter the feeder, someone probably looks upon it as a pet. Rather not upset people. I feed without fanfare.

Still trying to find the regs that allow me to sell these snakes, with a permit. I don't mind buying the permit, but the whole 16 inches thing is a problem. BTW, the snakes are a female Coral Snow Motley and a Blood Red. The male is a Coral Snow Stripe. I also have some baby Okeetees.
Back to top Go down
Don

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm waiting for a call back from the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. The initial person who I talked to said that I can not sell them because they are over 16 inches, but it is OK for me to possess them and to give them away (not sell). So, once I get confirmation that I can give them away, I will be looking for a good home. That seems to be the only way to do this without committing a crime.

I don't really understand the laws in this regard to the size of the animal, but will comply. The last thing I want is a visit from the law.
Back to top Go down
Don

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Just got off the phone with the permit division of VAGIF. She said that if I get a permit, I can sell them even over 16 inches, as long as I am not wholesaling them. You can sell them retail, with a permit at any size. She also said, if I want to give them away, I can do that without a permit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corn snake help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn snake help   Corn snake help Empty

Back to top Go down

Corn snake help
Page 1 of 1