VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bearded dragon update and new adition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Bearded dragon update and new adition Empty
PostSubject: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:57 pm

So, I haven't posted here in while except for sale stuff, so I figured I'd give you all an update. I pretty much strictly keep to geckos, with the exception of a few species as pets only. About 8 months ago ( I think) my boyfriend bought me "Spud" as a birthday present from Brian at Jabberwocky Dragons. (Who by the way, really impressed me with exceptional quality and customer service!) Anyways, Spud is now HUGE, fat, and spoiled. So here are some pictures of the big boy! P.S- I don't usually use paper towels but he just got moved into a huge new enclosure and I didn't have a repti carpet yet.

Bearded dragon update and new adition 20130918_150635_zpsc69b1331
Bearded dragon update and new adition 20130918_150624_zpsc98957cb

AS ALWAYS THESE PICTURES ARE CELL PICS AND SUCK!! Sad

Also, I recently picked up a greek tortoise, who I named Squidward ;)He's pretty(who's probably a female, but we wont tell IT) adorable.

Bearded dragon update and new adition IMG_20130908_053909_zps6e1d51c9
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 am

Cool

I know relatively nothing about Bearded Morphs what is he?
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 am

He's a silkback dragon..or scaleless
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am

He is a Pain in the Butt I got a Silk from Brian aswell....they are High maintenance . Shouldin.....I want Squidward
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am

Who is a pain in the butt? A silkback? Well- when I got him I didn't realize the care required for him, so its a good thing he told me haha, but I don't think its that bad. Sometimes its annoying but I spend enough time with him already anyways that its not that big of a deal.

Squidward is awesome! He has such a shy, cute personality. I think he is terrified of me still haha. He will start roaming in the reptile room and ill talk to him and say "where are you going" and he looks at me and then goes faster hahaha
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Interesting are they more care require for a silkback than a normal?

My son is interested in Bearded Dragons (as well as a few other things)

He fell in love with an Asian Water Monitor, dont have the space or time for one of these !
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Yes. Silkback dragons require a little less uvb and heat and get lotioned a few times a week. As far a first pet for a child, I'd def. Reccomend a regular bearded dragon. They make great pets!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 pm

sbouldin wrote:
Yes. Silkback dragons require a little less uvb and heat and get lotioned a few times a week. As far a first pet for a child, I'd def. Reccomend a regular bearded dragon. They make great pets!
Thanks Smile

It will be a while before he gets anything as a pet hes still learning to care for his BP.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 pm

He's looking awesome!!! I love seeing fat, happy dragons in update pics Very Happy. Thanks for the kind words too, it was great working with you as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon update and new adition   Bearded dragon update and new adition Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearded dragon update and new adition
Page 1 of 1