VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello all

Go down 
+5
Class43
smd58
Vergesseneins
Focal
Rhinoviper11x
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhinoviper11x

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:04 am

Hello there,
I recently met a member and was pointed in the forum direction. I was kinda disappointed that there doesn't seem to be many hot keepers. Anyway my name is Kennedy I'm new to the Roanoke area. I just moved here from Texas. I'm here to meet new people who have the passion I do for reptiles. I was an avid keeper for many years with several nice species. Not limited to African rock pythons burns and GTP's. I'm very interested in finding a Hot breeder in my area with quality specimens for sale. Again nice to meet everyone hope to meet a few of you in person.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:07 am

Welcome!! We have a few hot keepers and it is coming up on a full moon so we should see them soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Rhinoviper11x

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:47 am

I'm hoping so I'm eager to add my 2nd most lusted after species which is a rhinoceros viper I've wanted one quite awhile I've finally convinced my gf to allow a hot I can't afford a bushmaster at the moment so I'm going to go with the gaboon. I've found a breeder in NC but have been unsuccessful in attempts to speak with him.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:42 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:50 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:33 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:44 am

Chuck Hurd on here has a gaboon that I believe is gravid. They also breed several others hots. Shoot him a PM
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome!
Gaboons are awesome animals but not a good choice for a first venomous snake. Copperheads are also gorgeous snakes and are the best choice for a first venomous species for three main reasons. 1. They are not typically capable of delivering a lethal envenomation. 2. They are native so emergency personal and hospital staff usually have some treatment experience. 3. They are native, so when you get bit you can say it happened in the field which won't reflect poorly on our hobby.
Back to top Go down
Rhinoviper11x

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:06 am

This wouldn't be my first hot. I've owned a copperhead, a duskys Pygmy rattler a cottonmouth and a coral. I've done my homework on gaboons. I'm not a handler. I don't usually feel the incessant need to touch my hots. I prefer to give them large habitats that mimic the natural ones as close as possible and observe them do as they do in nature. But I totally agree on all fronts for a first venomous being a native.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Rhinoviper11x

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptyMon May 27, 2013 2:39 pm

I actually acquired a baby gaboon today from a dealer in El Paso shipping was great and I have a good line on future species!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 pm

jw wrote:
Welcome!
Gaboons are awesome animals but not a good choice for a first venomous snake. Copperheads are also gorgeous snakes and are the best choice for a first venomous species for three main reasons. 1. They are not typically capable of delivering a lethal envenomation. 2. They are native so emergency personal and hospital staff usually have some treatment experience. 3. They are native, so when you get bit you can say it happened in the field which won't reflect poorly on our hobby.

LOL! jw I like your logic Smile

Welcome to the site Rhinoviper11x!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all    Hello all  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: