VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for Rats breeding new place.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

Looking for Rats breeding new place. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:48 am

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a new place to put our rats for breeding, we don't have enough room at home or can't afford to buy an outdoor building for now, so I was wondering if anyone would have any idea to help us. Every help will be appreciated. Please pm me. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:19 am

I can send you some pics to some indoor breeding racks I have built if that interests you. My last one is no bigger than a closet, seals up and vents outside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Sounds great and yeah send me some pics, always interested into new ideas, but will still stick with outdoor building!
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Iv been to focals house...IT SMELLS REALLY BAD...but cant smell rats at all
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Actually nicks set up is one I plan on building myself, the first time I was there I had no idea he had rats in the reptile room until he told me and I was in it for at least an hour. Definitely a great set up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes can smell them at all!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:21 pm

It has some crappy cuts but seals nicely. I used carpet around the doors to make a tighter seal.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v93/focalx/?action=view¤t=2E91C921-FCE6-46DC-B7E9-0115537175FD-7512-0000023367FE13DA.jpg

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v93/focalx/?action=view¤t=83C110B4-6B04-4136-8B50-94440E6A96C4-7512-000002336E0CEEC7.jpg

You cant see it in the pics, but I ran a turbo-looking fan that fits into the flex duct which runs through the floor. It draws air from the front-bottom and goes out of the top from the left-rear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
recessive

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

I breed rats. I have several rat racks made of wood, and mortar tubs, with hardware cloth for the screening.

It costs about 150 to build a 5 rack system with automatic watering system, and is fairly easy. I made home depot cut all my wood for me the first time Razz
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 am

Thanks guys, it sure looks like a great set up, as well for the smell and looks handy too... But I couldn't make that closet fit anywhere in the reptile room for now... We got snakes stacked up Everywhere, from bottom to ceiling so we have absolutely No room at all to make a new closet fit, that's why we have to stick to outside building for now... :/
But thanks for the heads up, it really looks neat, probably going to use it once we move!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rats breeding new place.   Looking for Rats breeding new place. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Rats breeding new place.
Page 1 of 1