VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy From Lake Anna!

Go down 
+3
Focal
DaganGecko
ajb28221
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

Howdy From Lake Anna! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 am

Hello everyone! Stumbled upon this forum a few minutes ago and was glad to see one exclusively for VA. I'm interested to talk and share info with my neighbors. A little about me, Names Austin, I have 1.1.2 Leopard Geckos, and 0.0.1 Phelsuma Standingi, I live in Bumpass... yes Bump-***... lol I live on Lake Anna here and am looking forward to sharing experiences with you guys & girls!

Thanks,
Austin
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 am

Hey there! I'm new as well. Austin...that's a fairly neutral name. Are you male or female? Wink

Leopard geckos are so personable. I have owned many in the past, though at this point in time I have none since crickets are a bit difficult to come by in this area. I travel regularly back and forth from Amherst to Yorktown, though I can't say I know where Lake Anna is...or "bumpass." Haha.

Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 am

Hahaha, I am male.
Yes Leos are awesome & very fun animals, Its hard to find crickets???!! That just seems crazy to me haha I can find them at any pet store. & Lake Anna is like a little North of Richmond and East of Charlottesville! In the middle of nowhere haha!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:35 am

Well while I'm in the country near Amherst (aka in the middle of nowhere), I'm about 45 to 60 min from the nearest pet store. Razz And I hate paying for crickets at Petsmart...because the prices are a ripoff there!
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah I feel you on that one! Well if you ever decide to get another gecko you can just order crickets online in bulk and get them shipped to your house for WAAAYY cheaper! Thats usually what I do
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:45 am

I may do that sometime in the future. Right now I'm lucky enough to keep two species of rhacodactylus (if I botched the spelling, ignore me)--gargoyles (aurics) and cresteds (ciliatus). They don't have to have regular bugs since the crested gecko diet has them ground up and mixed in. : P Soooo easy.
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:49 am

Very cool, I love cresties, might be picking one up this weekend at the Richmond Reptile Expo if they don't have any Phelsuma there, or a chameleon, been wanting one for a long time now. My standingi, Sobe, loves him some CGD, day geckos are also frugivorious (eat fruit) so I feed him that every now and then
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome Austin!! Glad to have you here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
fuzz
Established Member+
Established Member+

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:17 pm

WELCOME!!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:05 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Welcome Austin!!
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks everyone, hope to see you guys at the show tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Welcome Im moving back to the Lake Anna area in Jan....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy From Lake Anna!   Howdy From Lake Anna! Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy From Lake Anna!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: