VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Herps in tubs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jgard
Established Member
Established Member
jgard

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 pm

I recently assembled a plastic tub cage for crested geckos in anticipation of getting a couple. After all of my online research, I held some at a pet store today but decided not to buy. I liked their looks but they felt like I was going to break them so I'm probably not getting one for fear of hurting them. Does anybody have ideas of what else I could house in the cage. It is a 70 quart clear tub with screen on front and back and has fake vines/plants and stuff to climb on. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 am

Crested geckos are pretty hardy! But gargoyles are very similar and fet a little bigger. They are not quite as "fragile" appeasrinf..although I doubt you would "break" either unless you have hulk hands Wink
Back to top Go down

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 am

sbouldin wrote:
Crested geckos are pretty hardy! But gargoyles are very similar and fet a little bigger. They are not quite as "fragile" appeasrinf..although I doubt you would "break" either unless you have hulk hands Wink

Lol I agree. Hulk hands will get ya every time Razz
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah cresteds are hardy besides Pythons that my other breeding project and my daughter has one thats about 4 months old only like 3 grams and she handles it every day after school. only thing you ave to worry s stressing them out and them losing their tail which doesn't hurt them at all. my breeder male and female are jumpy and she has jumped off my shoulder before (i'm 6'2) and landed on the floor and is just fine. really hardy animals and can be alot of fun if you have time. and they don;t need alot, misted everyday and kept at room temp (around 70-75) and repashy which i buy a bag of it and it'll last me 2 months.
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:29 pm

6' 2" gah lee.
Strap a lil parachute on that girl haha
Back to top Go down
will4ya
will4ya

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Ive had lizards my whole life. For the past 5 years ive only had gargoyle geckos and ive been breeding them for three years. Theyre not as jumpy as cresteds and there tails regenerate too. Also their toes are not as sticky as cresteds so they cant climb glass that well which means no lizard poop all over glass or tub walls. They can be fed only crested gecko mrp and thrive at regular home room temperature. Not to mention the colorful morphs they come in. If your interested I have many available from regular to super high ends available. Just msg me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Herps in tubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herps in tubs   Herps in tubs Empty

Back to top Go down

Herps in tubs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: