VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SNAKES and STEAKS!!

Go down 
+7
zues
ezekiel21
byrd'sballs
DaganGecko
Focal
smb2585
satansmaster
11 posters
AuthorMessage
satansmaster
satansmaster

SNAKES and STEAKS!! Empty
PostSubject: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Everyone should throw ideas on a good place for a big meet up for all vaherps members.
we need a place we can throw up a few grills, show off our pets and have some fun!
maybe a fun game of pin the tail on the bearded dragon?! lol

we need ideas on..
when we can get together
where we can get together
what kind of foods we want
and anything else that might be fun!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 pm

I dont have alot of space here or else I'd say we could do it here... we should try to do something centrally located for those on the other side of the tunnels. We also have to figure out if its a public place what their regulations/rules are on pets/animals... and if mentioning reptiles/snakes/herps... i can only imagine the reactions.
Back to top Go down
satansmaster
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:56 pm

HA! I love reactions my boa is 6.5ft i just took him with me to 711!! AHHHH!!! OMG!! ITS A MONSTER!!! HIDE YOUR KIDS AND LOCK THE DOORS!!! IT WAS NICE
Back to top Go down
satansmaster
satansmaster

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 pm

SNAKES and STEAKS!! Ssss10
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Lol that's awesome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:03 am

Loooove it!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm

So are you guys wanting to meet before the holidays or after? Personally I think January or Feb would be a good time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Whenever works and we can organize it works for me. lol
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Why would we want to do this in the cold winter months??? I'm pretty sure all of our herps are tropical species. Or at least most of them,but either way all that cold can't be good. My snakes wont be making that trip.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 am

so just steaks then? lol.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 am

My snakes probably won't make the trip at all. Nothing personal but I'm not bringing my snakes around 50 other people's animals not knowing anything about their husbandry practices. That is even more true in the winter when URI are more likely to be a problem. I think a meeting is a cool idea but until everybody gets a better feel for everyone else maybe the snakes should stay home. Several months back I was at a VIPER event and someone was walking around with a snake that obliviously had mites. I honestly don't think the kid knew but ignorance doesn't make the potential contamination any less dangerous for my animals.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I can understand about the cold and the unknown of others husbandry...

there has to be some way to work something out that might work for everyone?

If not, we could just do a little get together with no herps I suppose.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:05 pm

I for one don't mind bringing my herps, winter cold or not. I doubt we will all be standing around outside very long. Hand sanitizer does the trick as well.

BTW it's chilly now, so if you wanted a "warm" get together, you missed your chance. : P

Anyway I thought a meet was a good idea. November and December are usually fairly busy months for most people.

Don't know anybody's names, but smb, where are you located?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Stephanie -- and I am in Chesapeake
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Ah, I see that in your info now! I am frequently in Yorktown. I'd love to meet you sometime.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm

I personally just think 40 degree or so weather is just too cold to bring em out unless your takingthem to a vet or something. Right now at the beach its like low 70's and I don't want em out for very long right now. But everyone has their own opinions. But as far as having a lot of animals around germx works great, and if someone's animal looks unhealthy or has mites keep your animal from coming in direct contact and chances are you'll be just fine. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm

It's really as simple as heating up your car BEFORE you put the snakes in it. Wink But oh well, if no one wants to bring any animals, whatever. Razz It just seems weird to have a reptile get together without reptiles...
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
It's really as simple as heating up your car BEFORE you put the snakes in it. Wink But oh well, if no one wants to bring any animals, whatever. Razz It just seems weird to have a reptile get together without reptiles...

i for one dont mind meeting up with everyone without my reptiles..... i would just like to meet the people that i have been talking to. it feels wierd to talk to everyone without having seen anyone in person. thats why i was looking forward to the richmond show, to meet some local reptile people... in person. so hopefully we can figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
it feels wierd to talk to everyone without having seen anyone in person.

Oh so I'm no one now 😢

lol!
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Focal X wrote:
ezekiel21 wrote:
it feels wierd to talk to everyone without having seen anyone in person.

Oh so I'm no one now 😢

lol!

lol!

EDIT: it feels weird to talk to everyone with only meeting a select few of you in person. althought the few people i have met are pretty freaking awesome.

hows that nick?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Even though we only met for a quick minute before evacuating due to the Norfolk bum problem, I'm going to take this to include to me as well, haha. In all seriousness though, I would be a fan of having some kind of get together, reptiles present or not. For the reasons voiced by a few above, we wouldn't bring ours but would still like to meet everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
Even though we only met for a quick minute before evacuating due to the Norfolk bum problem, I'm going to take this to include to me as well, haha. In all seriousness though, I would be a fan of having some kind of get together, reptiles present or not. For the reasons voiced by a few above, we wouldn't bring ours but would still like to meet everyone.

LMAO!!! i forgot about the bum, lol. and of coarse that was including you brian
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Please please please let us have a plan when we do meet, because I totally failed to identify anyone at the show!
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
Please please please let us have a plan when we do meet, because I totally failed to identify anyone at the show!

So now I'm no one. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:55 pm

I recognized you Don! (The avatar helped) It would be nice to get a meet-up going. I went to a few "fish club" meetings in the past that were really fun. We basically sat around, talked fish, and held an auction for fish supplies and fish. Perhaps we could do something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

I didn't mean you, Don! You were a vendor...so...it counts differently and...yeah. Wink

Sounds like a good idea, Clarke Reptiles. What is your name? x3
Back to top Go down
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 pm

Don't know how well it would work in the cold with all our animals. I'm down to organize some western VA field herpin' this spring though... I know some sweet spots for timbers, mole kings, chain kings, etc... Oh but if you see my spots you have to sign an NDA Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/the.surreal.deal
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 am

^ That would be really sweet!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 am

Sounds like a good plan. I'm down for Road Trips
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 am

Road trip! Road Trip! Road trip! I've never gone field herping before and I've always wanted to do it.

My name is Jesse by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SNAKES and STEAKS!!   SNAKES and STEAKS!! Empty

Back to top Go down

SNAKES and STEAKS!!
Page 1 of 1