VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

day light savings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: day light savings   day light savings EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Anyone else having issues with this? First time in years I can't adjust. I usually go through the night before at like 10 and change the clocks to mentally think it but I think with doing girl scout cookie booths and walk abouts I am a little off. I slept until after 12 today and can't get with it. Did a booth at 4-6 today then went to dinner and got home after 9. Tomorrow's going to be rough.
Back to top Go down
Sissysnakes
Sissysnakes

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

It was hard on me too, woke up at 6:55 this morning and felt totally disoriented. I dont remember feeling this bad in years past. The only thing that has kept me going is 2 cups of coffee and the promise that spring will be here soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Don

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 am

I wish we would just stick to this time year round. The change is more disruptive than just leaving it alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree Don. I wish they would leave it alone. I don't care what time it gets dark or daylight, I still have to work the same hours and my kids activities still happen at the same time, all ti does it mess people up.

It has also made me very unmotivated today.

Do you see this Mr Boss Man - I am playing on the computer during company time... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sissysnakes
Sissysnakes

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Its really designed for our farmers, but the majority of our country doesnt farm any more so its essentially useless.
I believe there are a few states that dont use it though.. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Arizona or Hawaii follow daylight savings.
Back to top Go down
Don

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

You are correct about the states, however I believe the change was not for farmers. In fact, farmers hated it because they do not work by the clock, but by the natural sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Quote :
Conversely, DST can adversely affect farmers and others whose hours are set by the sun and they have traditionally opposed the practice,[11] although farmers are now often neutral or in favor of DST.[94] One reason why farmers used to oppose DST is that grain is best harvested after dew evaporates, so when field hands arrive and leave earlier in summer their labor is less valuable.[76] Dairy farmers are another group who complain of the change as their cows are sensitive to the timing of milking, so when their deliveries need to be made earlier their systems are disrupted.[77] However, their earlier opposition to the practice has been moderated by technological and social changes.[95] Today some farmers groups are even in favour of DST.[96]
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Sissysnakes
Sissysnakes

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Hmm, i thought the practice was originally designed for farming. Thank you for the information, its interesing. You pulled it up quick Wink
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm

I can't adjust...I forgot to change the clocks and thought I was going nuts on the ones that changed automatically. I have gotten up late for the last 2 days...totally sux!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

day light savings Empty
PostSubject: Re: day light savings   day light savings Empty

Back to top Go down

day light savings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: OFF TOPIC!-
Jump to: