VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thermostat Brands and Why

Go down 
+2
Focal
Cp3_Pythons
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

Thermostat Brands and Why Empty
PostSubject: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Simple... What thermostats do you prefer and why? We all know there's a few diffrent types of thermostats available.

I have a few of them that I prefer...

On that I haven't used personally but heard nothing but good things about is the

Vivarium Electronics... Cheap stackable and from what I've heard dependable as well.... I plan on using these
and these only when the Reptile building's completed...

Helix... Yes thats right I said Helix... While many dont like them as they seem to have problems with them I haven't had any with my Helix... Knocking on wood.

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Ranco and Herpstat. I haven't used anything other than the cheapo dial thermos (which are a mishap waiting to happen, sorry) and those two so I can't comment on much.

Both have been reliable, but between the two, Herpstat is the better... by far. I use the Ranco on my incubator now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 pm

I've used the Dial thermostat's... And ( Knock On Wood ) they've worked great for me...
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:43 pm

My two favorite are Herpstat and Vivarium Electronics. I also have Helix, but it is my least favorite. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the ones I have. All have worked flawlessly for extended periods of time for me. (VE has not been out that long, so it has run less than the other two I use).
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I have 2 herpstats, 2 herpstat IIs, and a few herpstat pros. I have used a helix( for a short time) rancos, and the cheap dial stats in the past and never really had any problems but I have really like the herpstats. The only thing I would change is I would like cords on the herpstat pro instead of the just the receptacles. Depending on what you are plugging in they are to close together. Not that big a deal and I can work around it.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 pm

We have Helix, Spyder Robotics, and Vivarium Exotics (????) So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm

I only use a thermostat for our incubator (all of our animals use heat lamps) but we use the zoo med dial thermostat. I realize we're taking a risk but it's really steady. We have two digital thermostats in there that hardly fluctuate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Oh and Helix because it came with the rack when we got it, Spyder Robotics because that is what Rich Baker sold to us with the rack he sold us, and Vivarium Exotics because that is what Miles bought and it was hooked up to the rack when I got home from work one day lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat Brands and Why   Thermostat Brands and Why Empty

Back to top Go down

Thermostat Brands and Why
Page 1 of 1