VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings - proper introduction

Go down 
+5
BlackboxStar
Focal
Don
Vergesseneins
Mourningecko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mourningecko
Mourningecko

Greetings - proper introduction Empty
PostSubject: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

I understand introducing myself by posting an advertisement was not taken well by some individuals but I truly do want to contribute this species to other like-minded individuals instead of selling them to a pet shop!

A little about me, however, I believe the animals are more interesting actually!

I've spent a good portion of my life herping the midwest from the N. Illinois to S. Illinois and inland dune areas of CA - horned lizards anyone. Memorable field finds have been spotted turtles in N. IL and plenty of Western Fox Snakes and everything in between. I have degrees in Zoology and Ecology and have worked with Dendrobates and various other herps as a professional aquarist at the Shedd Aquarium, Chicago. My specialty had been chameleons - and somehow I fixated on breeding and raising flapnecks, quite an enigmatic species (especially the bold males) if captive raised. I manage to squeak out a magazine article on various species of tropical fish breeding from time to time. I though I would give back to the herpetile community with a few excess animals since the little mourning geckos are the only thing I have time to care for nowadays.

Any takers?

Have a great day!

Nick
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

SOMEONE GO UPSET OVER THAT?! Facepalm Welcome to the site. This is way better than my intro..i think mine was
Quote :
HI, im new guy

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Welcome~. Glad to have you here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Welcome to VaHerps!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Welcome!!!

It wasn't a personal attack towards you, but rather just tired of seeing people spamming forums rather than contributing to them. It seems as if you will be quite the addition to this forum and I look forward to hearing more about your animals and possibly learning some from you. Thank you for taking the time to write up another introduction the "right way"

Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Rewelcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings - proper introduction   Greetings - proper introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings - proper introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: