VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

Breeding Question Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Question   Breeding Question EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm

what exactly is breeding season for bps? ive seen posts about "seasons" but im new to this so can anybody give me a lil insight?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Breeding Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Question   Breeding Question EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Right now! All year long for some people. I'm breeding this year from Sept-April.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

Breeding Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Question   Breeding Question EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm

many breeders start to cool in October and warm back up in February. That is supposed to get them breeding all about the same time. I did it for the last two years and have had very little luck. My season this year started with my first clutch on April 1st and I've still got two clutches in the incubator. One of them due this week and the other the week of October 7th. That would give me a six month season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Breeding Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Question   Breeding Question EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't do any cooling besides the natural cool down my house goes through in the winter months. I normally start pairing my breeders up late October or November unless my females stop eating before that. I stop pairing usually in March but may go until April 1st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breeding Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Question   Breeding Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeding Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: