VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snakes102
Snakes102

What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:24 pm

I was wondering why my beardie is still small after having him for about 2-3 years??

HIs diet is Crickets,Superworms, Greens and Ive even fed him Goliath horned Worms a few times.

I mean he's not THAT small but hes not like all the other beardies that I see.
His enviorment is nice. It's an exo Terra with Good sand, decent sized cage.I Give him attention and he even gets bathed...I dont know if those last few had anything to do with his growth but, he stays small... I wonder if I just got the Odd Ball.

Give me some opinions on what you people think. THANKS!!!

Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm

What size is small? If he's eating regularly, it could either be parasites or just natural genetics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Snakes102
Snakes102

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:09 pm

About the size of a teenage dragon. But hes deffinetly bigger than a baby.And I havent mesaured him so im not sure about the length or weight
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

It's probably genetics. Most dragons are about 17-21'' full grown but it's not uncommon to have one a little larger or smaller. I've occasionally seen online dwarf ones hatch out that never really grow past a foot or so.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Ive hatched out some dwarfs i sold last year.... they stay tiny. I have seen beardies not grow if their uvb isnt strong enough or the heat isnt hot enough..... could be many things.
Back to top Go down
Snakes102
Snakes102

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I have my tank at about 90-95 degrees.Thats what I thought to that he might be a dwarf or he just gets to that certain size and stops. Or he could just be a VERY slow grower cause he still sheds a lot. I dont know.
Heres a pic but i don't have his whole body in it

What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! Jax10
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Your heat definitely isn't hot enough. Bump it up to 100-105 while making sure the cool spot isn't above 80.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I keep my cool spot as room temp as i can. I usually keep my hot spot around 110-120. So they can get as hot as they want.
Back to top Go down
Snakes102
Snakes102

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Ok well thanks,I'll definetley bump the temp. up next time I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!   What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Up with My Beardie?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1