VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desert Ball Pythons

Go down 
+8
Bobbykaizer
Don
Cp3_Pythons
zues
Jabberwocky Dragons
Stray
Focal
MADKATTER
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Desert Ball Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:21 pm

I know that there is a lot of speculation surrounding the Desert. The females have yet to produce viable eggs and it has really affected the price of the snakes. I still don't believe that the Desert Ball Python is the only BP that cannot reproduce. There is a secret that remains to be unlocked. I just wanted to show people what the Desert gene is capable of. Behold, a Desert Enchi Pinstripe.

[img]Desert Ball Pythons DesertEnchiPin[/img]
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Mmm desert mojobee

Desert Ball Pythons 001
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Pretty!! I love the Desert gene, but that is waaaay out of my price range XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Stray wrote:

I'm guessing females will fall to $100-200 before the year is out. Mixing in other codoms like the above stunning examples will be more expensive (female Desert Enchi's are going for ~500 now) but you should be able to grab a desert female soon for about the same price as a pastel or spider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah, I wish the fertility issue was worked out though :/ It's a shame that such a gorgeous morph has such a significant defect...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
Stray wrote:

I'm guessing females will fall to $100-200 before the year is out. Mixing in other codoms like the above stunning examples will be more expensive (female Desert Enchi's are going for ~500 now) but you should be able to grab a desert female soon for about the same price as a pastel or spider.

I've seen at least two different sellers giving away females for free when you buy a male Sad
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Focal wrote:
[I've seen at least two different sellers giving away females for free when you buy a male Sad

Yeah and the worst part is the males were priced about half of what they were last year.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm

While I agree the price will or may drop on female's People will be well upset when they come to find out the female's will reproduce I also find it hard to take in that they don't reproduce or lay good eggs... Personally I think it's either a temp thing or ??? being the combinations of gene's used If memory serve's me correctly and it doesn't always wasn't it the mojave X sable that resulted in non good eggs making it a lethal combination? correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe it was something to with the Sable gene...

Or a weight issue maybe the desert's are a gene where the inside clock of said females grows slower? and in light of this they need age more before being bred? Breeding a BP earlier we all know can have bad result's and even ruin that females chance of reproducing in the most severe cases...?

If desert's have or can been bred with success I don't think we would hear about it as who ever can or figure's out the key on how to do so ( and its been rumored they have ) no proof was shown but it is rumored is it true no one knows for sure I think the project would be under wraps for awhile until they are sure about how to do get them to successfully breed that and the fact they could corner the market on them...
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
While I agree the price will or may drop on female's People will be well upset when they come to find out the female's will reproduce I also find it hard to take in that they don't reproduce or lay good eggs... Personally I think it's either a temp thing or ??? being the combinations of gene's used If memory serve's me correctly and it doesn't always wasn't it the mojave X sable that resulted in non good eggs making it a lethal combination? correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe it was something to with the Sable gene...

Or a weight issue maybe the desert's are a gene where the inside clock of said females grows slower? and in light of this they need age more before being bred? Breeding a BP earlier we all know can have bad result's and even ruin that females chance of reproducing in the most severe cases...?

If desert's have or can been bred with success I don't think we would hear about it as who ever can or figure's out the key on how to do so ( and its been rumored they have ) no proof was shown but it is rumored is it true no one knows for sure I think the project would be under wraps for awhile until they are sure about how to do get them to successfully breed that and the fact they could corner the market on them...

I disagree. If someone has a fertile desert female that laid even one fertile clutch it would be all over the web. I know some guys have secret projects but why would someone keep this under wraps when it's killing the very project they are working with. The weight question has been addressed to some extent as well. This year a couple of 2000 gram females were unsuccessful and I believe one of them died passing a slug.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

zues wrote:
Cp3_Pythons wrote:

I disagree. If someone has a fertile desert female that laid even one fertile clutch it would be all over the web. I know some guys have secret projects but why would someone keep this under wraps when it's killing the very project they are working with. The weight question has been addressed to some extent as well. This year a couple of 2000 gram females were unsuccessful and I believe one of them died passing a slug.

iagree

It's rumors that kept the price inflated for so long without any tangible evidence. Now, the professionals are selling off their females because they believe it's not going to be happen and is even dangerous to force the females to breed.

It would be extremely unethical to sell Desert females without disclosing a safe way of breeding them that may not result in their death if the seller knew of such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Deserts have been out a long time and in lots of experienced hands. We have yet to see females produce. I understand some breeders keeping secrets, but this would be out there somehow. No one keeps secrets that good. I've steered away from Deserts and will continue to do so. There are plenty of other morphs out there to invest in something that is a dead end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:00 pm

See that's the problem where any breeder/hobbyist that Im aware of are not aware of a way to the best of my knowledge a way to get them to breed successfully there may be a way, or they may simply be nothing more than a lethal gene ( as far as females are concerned

Why that answer is simple money.... yes although unethical I would have to disagree with anyone that say's money and a some fame hasn't made some of the professional big breeders unethical...

Who knows for sure... I don't I know that for sure I don't work with deserts I'll pay a few extra bucks if and when it is ever found out for sure...
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:14 pm

desert ghost lemon blast .... mm mm mm, desert definitely ads alot!
Desert Ball Pythons 0012
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Hmm, that's the first I heard about mojave x sables having non good eggs. I just saw a mojave sable female for sale on fauna. They said "rare," and I was wondering why, since it was such a pretty snake. I actually had future plans to breed some of my own.

I agree about the deserts. There are some crazy neat combos, but I will just watch from afar rather than get entangled in projects involving possibly infertile females.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 am

I know this is an old thread but I may be getting a female desert here soon and I wanted to know of any more info that may be out, the web has a bunch of threes but they are all a few years old, so is it fact that the desert females cant lay good eggs?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 am

Desert females do not lay good eggs. Outback reptiles had a desert spider or desert enchi or something of that sort at the show last weekend. It was marked pet only for 150 bucks. I was talking to Josh from Outback and he said that he knew a breeder that bred 29 desert females last year and didn't get a single egg.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 am

iagree

I was there when he said it.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am

Its all good, a guy just got in touch with me and asked if I wanted one that he couldn't keep due to some problems and I figured I would ask lol
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 am

They are beautiful though. If I find a multigene female that I like for cheap, I'll jump on it as a pet.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 am

Yeah I really like the look of the desert spiders, they are sharp, its really a shame they have the problems they do
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 am

zues wrote:
Desert females do not lay good eggs. Outback reptiles had a desert spider or desert enchi or something of that sort at the show last weekend. It was marked pet only for 150 bucks. I was talking to Josh from Outback and he said that he knew a breeder that bred 29 desert females last year and didn't get a single egg.
My understanding is not only are their eggs infertile, but they're very likely to get egg-bound so there's a high risk of killing the female without a good vet available. It's too bad because it's an awesome gene, but I would never breed for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 am

zues wrote:
I saw it. Priced really cheap. But if someone just wants a cool pet then by any means. The desert is a great morph to buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert Ball Pythons   Desert Ball Pythons Empty

Back to top Go down

Desert Ball Pythons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: