VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone up for a face to face?

Go down 
+11
Lokielani
jw
acl2790
Don
leftoflarry
Dmspring1987
Cupcakemafia
BlackboxStar
Grymm
allaboutthekings
dsteamn
15 posters
AuthorMessage
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Anyone up for a face to face? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey Everyone,
I feel like I have gotten to know several of you through the forum but wouldn't know who you are if you passed me on the street. I would like to propose we try getting together for a meeting of sorts. We can bring our reps (or not) and swap stories. We could even do a pot luck or anything else you would like. I'd be happy to offer up my home in Virginia Beach for the first one. If it goes well, maybe we can plan something once a month or so. We used to do this with the reef club I was a member of and it was alwys a big hit. People brought corals to swap or sell. We even had guest speakers once in a while who presented topics that were of interest to everyone (although I'm not sure what that would be with such a diverse group here). It would give us the opportunity to show off some of our animals and see first hand what set ups we all have.

Any takers?

Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am

I think it would be a great way to make contacts
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am

And one thing most of us have in common is we like to show off our herps
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 am

allaboutthekings wrote:
I think it would be a great way to make contacts
iagree
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 am

A whole party full of people who won't think I'm rambling?!

It sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 am

^^that post was actually me, I forgot to check and make sure the right account was logged in and then I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to delete a post.

But yes...awesome!
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 am

How about some ideas as to days/times. The reef club used to meet one Sunday afternoon a month. I think Saturdays are better than Sundays since some people do church. The meetings usually ran about 2 hours - 3 with food. I think they usually started around 2:00 PM or so.

(They called them meetings but, again, they were really more like social gatherings.)
Back to top Go down
Cupcakemafia
Cupcakemafia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 am

allaboutthekings wrote:
And one thing most of us have in common is we like to show off our herps
I agree with this 100% Love the idea
Back to top Go down
Dmspring1987
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Dmspring1987

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I think I would come to this. If my gas guzzler allows me to... grr trucks. Almost 100 to fill it up!!!
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

sounds interesting but it would probably be a long drive for me. Also, I try to minimize bringing my snakes out in a car as often as I can, having a car full of cobras, rattlers and vipers is not always the best way to travel. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm

For me the best days are Sundays I tend to work more Saturdays then I like
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Sounds like a good regional get-together to me. I don't know if I'd drive the couple of hours. Weekends are pretty full right now, with eggs coming and everything else going on. However, I would love to see a report and pics of a meet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:04 pm

That would be fun, especially if beer and good food is involved!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll bring the tequila and lawn darts!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Don wrote:
Sounds like a good regional get-together to me. I don't know if I'd drive the couple of hours. Weekends are pretty full right now, with eggs coming and everything else going on. However, I would love to see a report and pics of a meet.

I agree, I'm 3-3.5 hrs away from Norfolk and a lot going on with school etc. but it would be great to see some pics or whatever if you guys decide to do something Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I always work on saturday but probley could get another manager to cover for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Eek! I would like to come, but I guess it depends on the outcome of the job situation and possible move. It is difficult to get to Virginia Beach from the peninsula because of terrible traffic, but I am really not that far away. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm in Carolina most weekends but I can work it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

I don't know about the tequila but food is always a given in my book. I understand about the folks who live further out than Hampton Roads. That's one advantage the reef club had - everyone lived within 20 - 30 miles. Dagan, if you move, you'll just have to explain to him the imortance of networking and why you have to be here.

It sounds like Sundays wold work better for a couple of you. The next thing is to decide when you would like to start doing this. I am open to pretty much anything, so throw out some ideas and we can make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:32 am

that sounds like a lot of fun! i work at sheriffs office so its pretty much just mon-fri till 5 so anything on weekends good ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a face to face?   Anyone up for a face to face? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for a face to face?
Page 1 of 1