VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding Leos

Go down 
+2
MADKATTER
ClarkeReptiles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 am

I got Sol a few years ago. She's about 45g now (slow grower because she went into periodic fasts where she'd refuse all food. Over the past year she's been eating like crazy and has a nice fat tail). I was told 50g is the minimum for breeding leo females. I'm going to wait until she's around 60g, but I want to start looking for a mate for her.

She was sold to me as a Sunglow, but I have been told this was false and that she is a hypo tangerine, carrot tail, baldy. What should I look for in a male?

Breeding Leos IMG_20110701_171715

^ Old picture. I need to get some new ones of her, especially of her hunting dubia. She loves those things!
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am

A good job and a wonderful sense of humor. Well groomed with a delightful family background. The car shouldn't matter as long as it is economical and well kept. He should probably be an animal lover as well... oh a Leopard Gecko! Sorry! I have ball pythons. When you do unlock the breeding secret, let me know. Leopard Geckos are next for me! Laughing

P.S.
I must apologize for my childish behavior. I have some how failed to grow up and I lack the self-control necessary to not reply to certain posts. I made this same apology in the Ball Python section so naturally you may have missed it. This apology should be good for one year. Next year I will do it again. Don't be mad at me.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 am

MADKATTER wrote:
A good job and a wonderful sense of humor. Well groomed with a delightful family background. The car shouldn't matter as long as it is economical and well kept. He should probably be an animal lover as well... oh a Leopard Gecko! Sorry! I have ball pythons. When you do unlock the breeding secret, let me know. Leopard Geckos are next for me! Laughing

P.S.
I must apologize for my childish behavior. I have some how failed to grow up and I lack the self-control necessary to not reply to certain posts. I made this same apology in the Ball Python section so naturally you may have missed it. This apology should be good for one year. Next year I will do it again. Don't be mad at me.

It's mandatory for all of us to grow old.... not to grow up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I suppose I'll look for a SHTCT male at a show this spring or summer and raise him up to breed with Sol next year. I'm going to start doing some more research on leopard gecko genetics (it seems so confusing to me. Of course, so did ball python genetics when I first started out a little over 4 years ago) After I successfully hatch a few clutches, I'll branch out and get a few more breeders of varying morphs.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 am

Do the Leo's have a breeding season? I thought if the conditions were right that they just sort of did there thing all year.
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 am

Mine have always bred from around mid winter through late spring.
Chip
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Hmmm... I'm not great with leo morphs but I dunno about it being a HTCB b/c I haven't seen one with spots on their back and that the tail may not have enough orange to be considered a carrot tail. But any good looking mate will do! Make your own color morph! lol
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:10 am

Well I've decided, for now, I will not breed leopard geckos. I'm going to sell the female I have and focus on other projects. Then in a few years I will purchase leos of known genetic background.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

Breeding Leos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Leos   Breeding Leos EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 am

looks like a hypo carrot tail to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breeding Leos Empty