VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seeking Giant Experience

Go down 
+4
DaganGecko
Morta_Dae13
anacondaman123
ClarkeReptiles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Seeking Giant Experience Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 am

I've always wanted a large snake but I am well aware these species are not something you just jump into. It takes lots of research and its best to have some hands on experience before getting one of your own. I don't know if I'll ever get a giant, but it would be good to have the experience so that if I ever do get the opportunity to have one (or several) I have some experience to go on.

In exchange for a little giant mentoring, I'll happily help clean cages, help feed, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

If your willing to make a drive on a sun or monday from richmond to va beach i could help you out..
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 pm

sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I have every other weekend off. This weekend I work but I have next weekend off.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

Still looking for someone who can show me the ropes with giant snakes. I'm hoping to get some experience with everything from babies to full grown adults. I want to experience handling, feeding, and cleaning.

Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

If ya want numbers let me know n ill ask em
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Man, I'd love to see those anacondas you've got, Anacondaman. Clarke's, where are you located? Maybe we should carpool to visit sometime. Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm in Richmond, Va. (About 10 min down the road from the Route 10 show where we met)

I have every other weekend off (this weekend I have off), so it is preferable I do this during the weekend.
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Ive got pictures all over my facebook of em..im about a hour away from york town..i got to tnb reptile zone every now and again out there
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Cool, well I won't be back in town for a couple of weeks but after that I'd love to visit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

ClarkeReptiles,

I'm in Richmond as well I don't have as many burms as I used to I still have the Albino Green although and I'd be more than willing to let you handle her watch her feed her to give you a little hands on experience when dealing with the larger reptile's. She's around 9 feet or so pretty docile but does have an extremely aggressive feeding response...

If your interested send me a pm I'll reply with my number and we can go from there.
I can bring her to your place or you can come to mine... ( Just don't mind the mess as we haven't finished unpacking and organizing everything just yet... )
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Don't mean to create zombie threads, but just want to put this out there. I am still looking for large species experience.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:18 pm

No, resurrections are great. More people now Smile Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member
BurmeseQueen

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 pm

If you ever feel like coming to the swamps of south Chesapeake, I have quite a few burms and afrocks. I can always use a hand cleaning and just getting them their exercise in the yard. Especially with my 14' male. He's friendly he's just old and lazy and goes into deadweight mode when being carried..
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 pm

I just became the caretaker of a baby retic. If the offers of help extend, I would be grateful for advice/help/experience. I don't feel very confident.
Back to top Go down
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member
BurmeseQueen

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 pm

How young is it?
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Four weeks. Dale (grymm) has been working with him but he has to go out of town for work for a while.
Back to top Go down
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member
BurmeseQueen

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Retics are smart and quick to learn, but they are fairly easy to read. Just go slow and show it respect. He's not a ball python, and you need to watch what he does. If he's quick and wants to run around be his tree but keep eyes on him. If he doesn't move much, just keep calm and watch him. Then again it's different with each snake.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

If I ever get the chance to come out that way, I'll definitely let you know. And thanks for the offer. Out of curiousity, do you only have full grown animals, or do you have juvies and hatchlings as well?
Back to top Go down
BurmeseQueen
Established Member
Established Member
BurmeseQueen

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 3:21 am

I have quite a few adult animals. A couple adult Burmese and an adult female African rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Giant Experience   Seeking Giant Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Giant Experience
Page 1 of 1