VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack Empty
PostSubject: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:08 pm

my rack keeps great heat 5 shelves down but the two next to the bottom doesent heat up as well no humidity i cant up the temps because its fine in the other ones what can i do to warm the bottoms up im stumped right now
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 pm

What kind of rack? How big is the flexwatt? 3" 6"? Are you sure the flexwatt is run through he bottom two shelves properly? Are you using a temp gun to test temps? Need more information to diagnose problem. Is the rack up off the ground?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 pm

its 3inch the flexwatt is running good through the other slots just not the two bottum i dont have a temp gun the rack is about 3 and a half feet tall or 4 feet tall i have 4 16 qt tubs and 4 28 qt tubs its not off the ground it sits on my carpet ima put the picture of the rack on my profile picture its a great built rack i love it but just have that one problem
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:18 pm

dj, it is kind of hard to see, but I would first try to get it up off the floor with a couple of pieces of wood (heat rises). Then, I'd bump the temp a degree or two to see if that helped. If it didn't, then you can wire the bottom two shelves separately from the top four shelves. You will need a separate thermostat for the bottom and top. One thermostat that can do the trick is a VE300 dual. It has two probes and can maintain different temps in different sections.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm

i wish i had known about the 300 i may have to get that one i have a ve100 should i just get a 300
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack   help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack Empty

Back to top Go down

help with heat and humidity at bottom of my rack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: