VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!

Go down 
+9
Gustav
fuzz
Jabberwocky Dragons
dragontrainer09
Cp3_Pythons
byrd'sballs
smb2585
jamesearl
Focal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 am

Welcome and please make yourself at home. Please bear with me as I work the kinks out of this system as this is my first time doing anything of this sort. Feel free to make suggestions or give advice on anything I can do better!

Also, PLEASE READ THE RULES HERE ******

Last edited by Focal on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: looks good   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:40 pm

This seems like a long time coming here in our area. We have the larger national sites but it's a good thing to have a local site where people that are int he same hobby can intermingle. Glad you set this up, Hampton Roads Area and even up to Richmond is a huge reptile community and it's about time we had something like this. Great idea Nick.

james Laughing
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks James!!!

I'm just running the free version on here now and hopefully if things pick up, I can start giving them money so the site can move a little faster. Still have a few bugs to work out, but it's a work in progress Smile

Nick
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

nothing wrong with a work in progress i remember when VR and FAUNA and even kingsnake were the same way. I think its a good idea who time is long past. We just need to get the word out and i think you will see a lot of people on here. VA is a mega ground for herp folks maybe not as much as Florida but we are damn close.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Great idea Nick! Hope this goes a long way. I am not really savy with website creation and such but I will gladly do what I can to help you out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:31 pm

thanks man its been along time coming, im just not compter friendly enough to do it my self lol, good job
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Nick,

Everything looks good so far. IMHO I agree we've needed a local forum for awhile. That and the fact that with a forum that's local you actually get to meet more people in your area that share the same intrest, I've met a few people in the area but know there's more that I haven't meet. When you get to know people in your area it does to things (IMO) it not only brings you together but make's thing's better as we know each other better makes a tighter knit community. ( I hope this is even semi understandable to people )

Anyway Nick, Congrat's and I look foward to using the site ALOT!!!

( btw we gotta get together before summer's out and hit the beach's wanted to this weekend But I have alot going on this weekend Im sure you know what I have going on so yea... Thanks Nick )
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks everyone. I really hope it grows. I tried to get one site to create a local forum and they said the traffic wouldn't flow everywhere, but I think a few places would still be able to keep it moving; with us being one Twisted Evil

Already, the site definitely looks like it's going to be worth the effort. But feel free to spread the word!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dragontrainer09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:30 am

Saw the ad posting for this on craigslist this morning and thought it was a great idea! I'm a huge reptile enthusiast and am always looking for others with the same interest so this seems like the perfect way to connect with other people locally. So far I've had to drive 30 minutes away from my house to an exotic pet store to talk to people who really know and understand herps. By the way, if anyone knows of a good herp vet anywhere near Richmond (I am a college student so the budget is also tight, but I don't want to sacrifice the health and well-being of my exotics either) I'd really appreciate it! Looking forward to reading about your ideas and experiences everyone!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome dragontrainer09!!

I know Clarence (Cp3_Pythons) is in.near Richmond and might be able to recommend a vet.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for setting this up Nick. It's an awesome site and long over due for Hampton Roads and VA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks Brian and Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Focal X wrote:

I know Clarence (Cp3_Pythons) is in.near Richmond and might be able to recommend a vet.

Thanks Nick But in all honesty I dont know of a Reptile Vet in the area I do know of one in Fredricksburg, Va I'll have to look up the info again. Give me a few have to head out again in a few But when I return I'll check the area and with some fellow herper's in the area and see what I can come up with for vet's in the Richmond Area

Nick Do you think not right now but when the site's up and running that we could put a Vet section in with a list of Vet's that deal with Reptile's?? I'll even contact and locate them and foward you the info on them? Just an Idea....

Just let me know and I can start on it asap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
Focal X wrote:

Thanks Nick But in all honesty I dont know of a Reptile Vet in the area I do know of one in Fredricksburg, Va I'll have to look up the info again. Give me a few have to head out again in a few But when I return I'll check the area and with some fellow herper's in the area and see what I can come up with for vet's in the Richmond Area

Nick Do you think not right now but when the site's up and running that we could put a Vet section in with a list of Vet's that deal with Reptile's?? I'll even contact and locate them and foward you the info on them? Just an Idea....

Just let me know and I can start on it asap Very Happy

Of course!! I have a "homepage" on my to-do-list and I hope to create a directory for Virginian merchants. The best option for now would be to list them in the general husbandry forum and I'll sticky it.
Back to top Go down
dragontrainer09

PostSubject: Richmond area herp vets   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks, guys, I do know of the vet in Fredericksburg but that's about an hour away from me and between work and school I don't want to travel that far if I don't have to. I know there's another office on Lakeside that treats exotics but I don't know about their experience level with reptiles. I suppose my best bet is just to call and ask but if you know anything else about them off-hand, it would be welcome information. Thanks again!

-Abby
Back to top Go down
fuzz
Established Member+
Established Member+

PostSubject: Hello   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Well hello all bout time.Just wanted to wave a hand from Winchester,Va
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:32 pm

fuzz wrote:
Well hello all bout time.Just wanted to wave a hand from Winchester,Va

Welcome to VaH!
Back to top Go down
Gustav

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:55 am

Finally got off my lazy buttocks and registered. Waddup Focal?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 am

Gustav wrote:
Finally got off my lazy buttocks and registered. Waddup Focal?

George!!! Heck yes!
Back to top Go down
ztm2385

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi my name is Zach I joined a few months back but haven't given the site a look through till now, I am happy that this is a local thang, and hope to connect with people who have similar interest, got into herps after receiving some rescue p. grandis from a pet shop goin out of business in nova, at first was only thinking about keeping them till I found a home for them but then I really started to appreciate them after taking care of them for a few days I started out with the two a male and a female, and now im up to five from them getting it on. anyways thanks for the forum i'll post some pics later and have a merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Welcome and have a merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello eveyone, my name is frank. I have been breeding reptiles for close to 40 yrs. Started breeding big constrictor and cobras. Then iguanas and monitors and tortoises. Have stayed with tortoises now. My specialty is incubation techniqies. I offer my help to any herp person who needs it. Good luck with the site. Treefrog01
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi Frank!
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello, who is focal? Are you one of the administration?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Yes, he is. He is also the owner of the site. Welcome to VAHerps
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Well thank you Don and focal for the welcome
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:26 am

Well thank you Don and focal for the welcome
Back to top Go down
Lrowlett

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:24 am

Is there a reason new ppl can't respond to messages.. Trying to get some pics to possibly buy a snake and I have no way of contacting the dude..
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Could you give me an example of where this is happening? Is it only happening in certain forums?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!   Welcome to VaHerps!!  PLEASE READ THE RULES!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to VaHerps!! PLEASE READ THE RULES!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: