VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sad side of breeding

Go down 
+3
Lokielani
smb2585
Don
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Don

Sad side of breeding Empty
PostSubject: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm

I sold several snakes (basic morphs) this year to a friend who has a very nice pet shop in Macon Georgia. She was the best friend of a girl I dated when I was in high school. Well, she wanted to surprise her husband with an albino female and I gave her a great price and shipped it out. All of it was done, so her husband would not know. On Christmas eve, I received a call from an elated husband who was very pleased with the snake and was really happy.

This morning, I received a message via FB that their son had a house fire that killed all of their animals, including the albino I sold them. She was contacting me to see if I had another. Unfortunately, I do not. My items for sell are very few right now.

I hate knowing one of those babies that I nurtured, brought along, held and fed, died in a fire. Luckily, no people were injured in the blaze, but the entire house with all of the families contents were destroyed. I can't imagine the pain that ProExotics went through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:03 pm

I know what you mean Don. I always say if we have a fire I'm rushing my daughter out and taking our cats, dogs, and snakes with us. Screw everything else. Ill risk my life for my animals because I consider them my children.

When we were at Tinley, the auction they held really touched my heart. Even though they were auctioning off some stupid crazy nonsense items, the amount of money they raised in the separate auction for ProExotics was overwhelming. I am sure you will be producing more and maybe you can get in touch with them and get them another one. If not, we have had a couple of locks with our albinos. Its so sad when things become tragedy Sad It makes you appreciate what you have and hold it all close to you.

I hope they can recover from it and everything works out for them.

it just goes to show that we all need to be grateful and thankful for what we have and not complain or be upset about what we dont have... there are always others less fortunate.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Well said Steph! It is horrible when that happens and it's always great when there are no human mortalities, but then you start to think about the pets and the items lost. Most material things can be replaced, but animals can't. I always tell my husband to get Xavier my ball who is 12 this yr and I will get everyone else. It would be devastating to me.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 am

Like said no one was hurt, but the loss of the animal on top of the whole house is something I never want to feel. I wish them well in the recovery process.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Its interesting where your head goes in times of danger like that if you have the time to react. We had a tornado warning near the house. It actually touched down about a mile or so from us. When I heard the warning, I grabbed Karen and we started collecting animals. (Its all kiind of comical to picture now.) We put all of the baby blue tongued skinks (12 at the time) in a hamper. I grabbed Stubbs and Oscar Rose (the parents) and put them on my shoulder. She yelled for the dog and collected the rats (four of them). Then I picked up my grand daughter's hamster we were babysitting (just had to add one more) as we headed for the closet. We closed ourselves in and sat on little kiddie chairs in the kids playroom amongst all of their toys and dolls. The rats ran around and played in the pile of stuffed animals. Stubbs and Oscar Rose curled up in a corner and went to sleep. Now mind you, it is a one floor residence that would have easily been flattened if it had hit where we live, but the forethought was there to gather everyone up. I would not have been able to go in and shut the door without them.

How tragic it was that they lost a pet. Sometimes we can't save them and have to deal with their loss. Hopefully they will be able to rebuild their lives and home and will be able to get another one soon. They got out with their lives, and that was the most important thing of all.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 pm

I decided to sell them one of my hold back females. Sent it to them the day before Valentine's Day. Really wanted to keep that female, but it went to a good cause.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Don wrote:
I decided to sell them one of my hold back females. Sent it to them the day before Valentine's Day. Really wanted to keep that female, but it went to a good cause.

Now that was an extremely kind gesture Don!!! I'm very sorry to hear about it and It may sound bad when I say this and It's not intended that way.... But thankfully the family wasn't hurt in the fire.... I know it suck's to lose an animal ( It happens sometimes there's nothing we can do ) My condolences go to the family...
Back to top Go down
Cally95

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm sorry that happened, it sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad side of breeding   Sad side of breeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad side of breeding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: