VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

black blood python feeding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

black blood python feeding Empty
PostSubject: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:53 pm

just got a new baby black blood python around 15 inches he will only eat rats that are a little to big for him he does eat any of the smaller ones i try how often should he eat since he is eating a larger than normal meal he eats it fine and dosnt regurgitate but dont wana make him get to over weight he will eat one eacj week if i let him but he seems to be getting very fat from this any info on bloods would help all my experince is with burms and carpets and green trees now i just got this baby blood and a baby retic so just wana make sure i keep these snakes as healthy as my others
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 pm

I've never had blood pythons. But I'm pretty sure if the snake is eating by itself and your not force feeding it more then likely they are not too big for your snake... I'm shocked everytime I see my 200 gram bumble bee eat a weaned to small rat!
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:59 pm

And blood pythons are a realativly short and very fat snake.
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:08 pm

ok thanks yea when o got him i was told he was eating rat pups which makes since for his size i tryed that he would just look at it and not eat so i got a hopper rat and he did the same and then i tried small rat that seems way to big for him just cause i had some and feed them to some of my other snakes and he grabed it withn a few secs and ate it and the next week i tryed the smaller stuff again and he wouldnt eat so i threw a bigger rat n there and he grabed it and ate agian i was just worried cause the rats are alot bigger around than he is but now he is getting fat and about as big around as a rat lol
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Right baby snakes grow really fast. I hope I was alittle help tho
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:42 pm

you were it just scares me feeding him such a large meal cause its a live rat this is my first snake that wont eat frozen either i just get scared the rat will hurt him if the right was real small i woudnt worry but he killed it real fast bloods seem the be stong for there size compared to most pythons he grabed it and let go and was eating it with 30 sec it was crazy
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:45 pm

the new retic i got is grwing like crazy also he was around 18 inches when i got him and is almost 4 ft now and i have only had him 2 months
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:19 pm

You have two of the big four you ready for that?
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:26 pm

yea i have an albino burm now that around 12 ft
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 pm

thats a big boy/girl.
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:02 pm

its a boy he is a big baby the and very freindly just looks scary lol he loves to be held and taking out
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Wait till that retic is 12 ft long
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:09 pm

yea lol i handle him alot and he is very freindly hope to keep him that way with handleing him all the time
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:15 pm

That's the only way to do it
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:18 pm

yes it is same with my blood i have been told they are very aggresive but i hold him all the time to he seems freindly so far
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Bloods and retics most def have a mean streak tho I've seen snakes that have never bit before bite and bite hard
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:54 pm

yea im hoping they both turn out to be nice i have some freinds with large retics that are as freindly as my burm
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:31 am

Congrats!! Where are the pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 pm

i will post some the retic i got is the one in my profile pic
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 pm

hey how do u post pics on here tryn to post pics of new blood
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:43 pm

I need to make a better DIY on how to post pictures, but this thread has a couple ways we do it.

http://www.vaherps.com/t698-we-need#6300
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:44 pm

I send mine to photo bucket, then it's a easy copy img code paste in post and it's there.
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:06 am

[img]black blood python feeding Blackblood[/img]
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 am

thats my new black blood and here is my new retic
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 am

[url=black blood python feeding Retic]black blood python feeding Retic[/url]
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 am

Very nice. Just like my snake room ... Always a drill laying around Smile
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:34 am

yea u always seem to need a good drill
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 am

yea the retic is growing like crazy way faster than my burm grew i just had to buy him a new boaphile tank
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:33 am

Good looking snakes
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 am

I honestly love the retic coloring and pattern, but they aren't for me. I had a jampea tiger and a normal jampea dwarf when I bought out a collection a while back and I almost didn't let them go, but luckily I knew what laid ahead. Maybe one day when the boy is big I will get another.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:23 pm

There are some drop dead color morphs in retic, but darn they get big.
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:12 pm

yea i have always liked retics and burms my first snake was a burm u just gota make sure u have help when cleaning the cage and when u take them out just to be safe never had a big snake strike at me thou they seem to b freindlier the bigger they get as long as u handle them daily when young
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 pm

My first snake was a burm too. I swear, she would hiss and you could feel it in the ground. Meanest snake I ever owned LOL
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm

But you have to admit that hissing got your blood moving.
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 pm

lol i hear that alot when i have freinds that have snakes their like ur crazy that retic and burm is evil i had one and got rid of it cause i thought it was gona kill me and im always like wat kinda mean snake did u have lol i have never had that problem maybe cause i get them at a tiny size and handle them daily even till their 20 ft i take all mine out daily and they never hiss and the retic and burm loves to have there heads rubbed
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm

my next big snake is gona b a green anaconda and a yellow i have a breeder that will have babies this spring if anyone is interested
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 pm

he also will have albino purple retics if anyone is interested im diff getting a baby a purple retic n spring also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: black blood python feeding   black blood python feeding Empty

Back to top Go down

black blood python feeding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: Feeding and Feeders-
Jump to: