VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ISO Handling Experience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

ISO Handling Experience Empty
PostSubject: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:46 am

Not sure if it's bad form to create multiple posts, figured I'd shoot this out here too and see what happens. I've owned three ball pythons in the past, and currently own a baby leopard gecko. I enjoy reptiles and always have. Though I'd love to own larger snakes again, I don't currently have the room, nor the time to give them the attention they deserve. That said, I'd definitely like the opportunity to help out at a local breeding facility in the DC/Northern Virginia vicinity. I am willing to travel within an hour of where I live if need be as well. I am currently located in Occoquan, VA. I'm not looking to get paid; I have my job for that, I'm simply looking to broaden my own handling experience and build my confidence with reptiles. I do have a preference for ball pythons and boa constrictors, but any experience would be greatly appreciated. If you or someone you know might be interested, reply here or shoot me a message and I'd be more than happy to give out some contact information. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 4:09 pm

LOL well I'm just north of Winchester if you feel the need to help clean up after retics. Usually they don't drop bombs at convenient times though, nothing like doing the 11 pm critter check before going to bed only to have "the wall" hit you when you enter the reptile room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I work pretty screwy hours, my schedule rotates every month. never worked with retics before so that'd be kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:28 pm

They're fun but also a lot of work - big snakes, big appetites, and big messes. You don't "handle" them as much as you "interact" with them.

We also have adult BCI, BRB's, and Dum's. They're also fun to handle and much lower maintenance.

Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm free this Sunday. I'm working the overnight shift this week so my mornings and most of my afternoons are shot lol. I can PM you some contact info if you'd like. Going back to 2-10 the next couple of weeks and then swing over to early mornings for next month haha.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Also, not sure who might be in the market but looks like the Petco here has a baby Mojave BP for sale for 150 bucks. It's been there at least the past couple of months that I've been frequenting there. Looks to be a healthy hatchling. I'd love to snatch it up but I don't think I'd give it the care it needs at the moment.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Also, not sure who might be in the market but looks like the Petco here has a baby Mojave BP for sale for 150 bucks. It's been there at least the past couple of months that I've been frequenting there. Looks to be a healthy hatchling. I'd love to snatch it up but I don't think I'd give it the care it needs at the moment.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 12:49 pm

PythonMan89 wrote:
I'm free this Sunday. I'm working the overnight shift this week so my mornings and most of my afternoons are shot lol. I can PM you some contact info if you'd like. Going back to 2-10 the next couple of weeks and then swing over to early mornings for next month haha.
Let me see what the hubby and I have planned this weekend.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Good to meet you last weekend.

If anyone else wants to fool with big snakes before deciding whether or not to purchase one, just ask. They are fun to keep, but they are a ton of work and not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you both for the opportunity, I appreciated it and learned quite a bit. Still thinking about a lot of it haha but I think your hubby definitely piqued my interest in retics as well as boas haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISO Handling Experience   ISO Handling Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

ISO Handling Experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Events and News :: Local Discussions :: 
Northern Va
-
Jump to: