VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some Crocodilian Pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Some Crocodilian Pics Empty
PostSubject: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm

American Alligators
FOOD!!!!
Some Crocodilian Pics 1277
duckweek gator
Some Crocodilian Pics 0526
Chinese Alligator - somewhat famous juvenile pictured on the cover of this book - http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Alligator-Ecology-Behavior-Conservation/dp/0801893488/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322269228&sr=8-1
Some Crocodilian Pics 0233
Adult Chinese Alligator
Some Crocodilian Pics 0323
Johnston's Crocodile
Some Crocodilian Pics 0016
Nile Crocodile
Some Crocodilian Pics 0020
Cuban Crocodile
Some Crocodilian Pics 1193
Gharial
Some Crocodilian Pics 0357
Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman
Some Crocodilian Pics 0024
Schneider's Dwarf Caiman
Some Crocodilian Pics 0125
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:34 pm

These are pretty incredible John. Do you travel around for these... or have one of the world's largest (and coolest) collections?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 am

They look so cool, but don't believe I would ever keep them. But the picture are great.
Back to top Go down
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:14 am

Nice pics! I can never get over just how alien Gharials look... They look like a crocodile at first, until you notice all the minor differences... very fascinating creatures.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/the.surreal.deal
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks!

Brian - Currently, I don't keep any herps. Most of the photos are of animals I've photographed or had the opportunity to work with.

Mike - I agree with you, the gharials look alien especially mature males. A female is pictured above, a mature male is pictured below. The bulbous swelling around the mature male's nostrils is used to produce sound.

Some Crocodilian Pics 0351
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 am

Amazing pics John!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks! The animals get all the credit, I just click the shutter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Crocodilian Pics   Some Crocodilian Pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Crocodilian Pics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: The Show Room-
Jump to: