VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Feeder bins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

More Feeder bins Empty
PostSubject: More Feeder bins   More Feeder bins EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

We moved into our apartment back in August and I'm finally getting around to unpacking a few tubs. After unpacking them, I now have 5 (though one has a broken lid and another doesn't have a lid at all) empty bins. With my plans of starting my own feeder business, I'm wondering what I should do with them. Three of them are the type that have the hinged lids (the kind that has two halves and you flip them towards each other and fit the edges into each other. One of those is broken, but usable). The other two are just plain tubs, one with a lid and wheels on it, the other with no lid.

Other than Dubia (I still have tons of room left in the tub they are in), what insect breeding colonies could I start up?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
bcasketmaker
bcasketmaker

More Feeder bins Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Feeder bins   More Feeder bins EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Super worms and or Mealies would be a good choice in my personal opinion, especially if you or anyone you know keeps any variety of dragon, leo, or aft. They are also fairly easy to reproduce if memory serves me correctly, I would strongly advise avoiding crickets as, they smell horrible (especially when they die off in numbers), require a lot of space ( they tend to be cannibalistic so separating by size tends to be very necessary), and they are noisy (especially when they get loose, which they always do and it seems like you can never find nor rid your home of them once they do, it drives me bonkers).

Regards and much luck.
Back to top Go down

More Feeder bins
Page 1 of 1