VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What types of feeders do you use?

Go down 
+5
Foster Reves
ladycrotalus
Jabberwocky Dragons
smd58
ClarkeReptiles
9 posters

What kind of feeders
Crickets
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap13%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 13% [ 10 ]
Mealworms
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap9%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Superworms
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap9%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Waxworms
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap6%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Hornworms
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap1%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Nightcrawlers
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap3%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Fruit Flies
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap1%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Silkworms
 1% [ 1 ]
Dubia Roaches
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap8%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 8% [ 6 ]
Mice
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap17%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 17% [ 13 ]
ASF
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap4%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Rats
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap22%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 22% [ 17 ]
Gerbils
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap0%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rabbits
 1% [ 1 ]
Other
What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_lcap4%What types of feeders do you use?  Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 77

AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

What types of feeders do you use?  Empty
PostSubject: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 am

From crickets to bunnies, what type of feeder animals do you use? If you choose other, please list below.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am

RAts and mice live or frozzen and all my bugs are caned.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

To add to my votes for virtually every insect listed, I would happily use hornworms and silkworms also but the prices are way too high to justify anyone but a single pet owner regularly feeding them, certainly for horn worms, debatable for silkworms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 am

How much do Silkworms and hornworms go for? Can leos eat them? I was thinking of trying them for my leopard gecko, Sol.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 am

I'm not positive about silkworms, I've given up on them with shipping added in. The lowest I've found Hornworms is 9.99 per cup which includes either 12-16 large or about 20 small worms. The large are big enough for adult bearded dragons, the small would be good for geckos. I assume Leos can, they are a really great, nutritional food source!
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Mice, rats, crickets, mealworms, and lobster roaches here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ladycrotalus
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 am

In addition to what I selected I also feed four different species of isopods, bean beetles, rusty red roaches, and whitworms. Hornworms and silkworms are good feeders but I agree that they are way too expensive for more than a dozen or so mouths to feed.
Chip
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm

I know this is a little outdated, but I just wanted to add that I keep three species of Roaches that I use as feeders aside from feeding the occasional cricket and of course Rats. I am currently trying to build my colonies to be able to not only support my collection but to provide feeders to locals as well! I keep E. Distanti (six spotted roach), Blaberus Boliviensis Hybrids (two dot/discoid hybrid) and G. Portentosa (Madagascar Hissers). I don't use the Hissers as much as feeders but keep them due to their huge size and I supply a local pet store with them as needed for pets.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:49 pm

right now its just mice and rats. hopefully in future ill be able to add some lil buggies to that list Cool
Back to top Go down
shanna66
shanna66

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am

rats and mice for my snakes. my cresties and skinks get crickets, my leo gets crickets, mealies, supers, and sometimes waxworms, and my rats get supers and mealies
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 am

Quote :
and my rats get supers and mealies

When I kept rats, they went crazy for dubias. I had no idea they liked inverts to eat. While feeding the lizards, the rats would all run up to the side of their cage watching until I finally gave them some out of curiosity. They yanked the dubias out of my hand so fast all I saw was a blur!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:30 am

No way! I would have never believed rats would eat dubia. Now I have something useful to do with all these extras.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
shanna66
shanna66

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 am

my girls love live food. someone on goosemoose told me to give my first boys some mealies and ive been addicted to watching my rats hunt ever since lol they get so excited when i bring out the bug containers, their little hands get so grabby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What types of feeders do you use?    What types of feeders do you use?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What types of feeders do you use?
Page 1 of 1