VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any interest in Dubia roaches?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Any interest in Dubia roaches? Empty
PostSubject: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm thinking about breeding dubia roaches here soon for a water dragon I might take in. A pretty small colony but more than I would need.

Does anyone else feed or breed these guys? They are actually pretty neat. I was holding one the other day and thought it would be neat to reproduce them. They don't have that "dirty bug" feeling at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Not really the wife wouldn't go for bugs lol! lol! But I heard somewhere that Leopard gecko's can eat them Im going to have to double check to be on the safe side

Beside's that I honestly dont know much about them...
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:18 pm

guy at the route 10 show had them... and breeds them... CREEPY if you ask me... bleh. I think it was Plethora of Pythons in Chesterfield... but he said they reproduce like CRAAAAAAAAZY...
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 pm

That would be me. They are super easy to breed. I was selling starter colonies at Rt 10.

Might want to think before calling someone creepy affraid Shocked they might be listening. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 am

you aren't creepy the roaches are creepy... i dont like bugs... ewww
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

Dubias are much better than crickets. They don't smell, make noise, climb, fly or bite your reptiles. They are more nutritious than crickets and are easier to breed and keep. Gecko's, Bearded Dragons and Chameleons love them.

All they need to be happy is a dark space (big tupperware tub) with egg crate, some heat (90 degrees), ground up cat food and water gel. I throw a piece of fruit in once in a while and they are happy as can be.

Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 am

Don,

So Leopard gecko's can eat them as well?? If so I might get a few from you....
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

yep I have a friend who comes over and picks out some for his gecko. He picks out the smaller ones.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm

What would you charge for half a dozen to a dozen of them? You can shoot me a Pm if you want....
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:06 pm

id be interested in feeding them to my leopard geckos, bearded dragons and chameleons. i hate crickets the smell is horrible no matter how clean you keep the container and they are SOO LOUD, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
id be interested in feeding them to my leopard geckos, bearded dragons and chameleons. i hate crickets the smell is horrible no matter how clean you keep the container and they are SOO LOUD, lol.

I picked up some from Don ( GREAT GUY!!!! cant wait till I have some extra free time to hopefully go by and spend some time with him speaking on genetic's maybe even hit the pool table Smile even he'll prolly crush me off it LMAO ) A few of my Leo's took to em the other's showed NO intrest in them LoL
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Clarence, be sure to leave those roaches in over night. The roaches will not bite the geckos and the geckos may need a little privacy to enjoy a new delicasy. The meat to shell ratio of these roaches is seven times better than crickets, much healthier for your little guys. For others who are interested in a colony, I have been approved to have starter colonies at the show on October 30th. You can purchase a starter colony there. I can also give you instructions then on how to properly care for them.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
ezekiel21 wrote:

I picked up some from Don ( GREAT GUY!!!! cant wait till I have some extra free time to hopefully go by and spend some time with him speaking on genetic's maybe even hit the pool table Smile even he'll prolly crush me off it LMAO ) A few of my Leo's took to em the other's showed NO intrest in them LoL

Thanks Clarence. I would love to shoot some pool with you. I'm always looking for new victim.. uh, uh, people to play with.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Don wrote:
Cp3_Pythons wrote:
ezekiel21 wrote:

Thanks Clarence. I would love to shoot some pool with you. I'm always looking for new victim.. uh, uh, people to play with.

Laughing Laughing Sounds like a plan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in Dubia roaches?   Any interest in Dubia roaches? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any interest in Dubia roaches?
Page 1 of 1