VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

True Okeetee locale amel....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

True Okeetee locale amel.... Empty
PostSubject: True Okeetee locale amel....   True Okeetee locale amel.... EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:35 pm

I thought this might be of interest to you guys who are into cornsnakes. I took this picture back in 2007. It is a true Okeetee Hunt Club locale amelanistic cornsnake. Howie Sherman legally collected the founding animals to this hatchling almost two decades ago within the boarders of the Okeetee Hunt Club located in Jasper County, SC. Howie has been well known for his locality Okeetee Corns and has produced a few males that have broken the 6 ft mark. He had the breed the parents of this amel for three years and never got anything other than the expected normal babies. This one 2007 clutch surprised him when this girl hatched out. Neither parent is believed to be het for amel so it appears that this is a true sporadic mutation that appeared only in this one hatchling. The amel now resides in the collection of another hobbyist friend of Howies who has turned it into a project to produce more true Okeetee locale amels. The only animals used in this breeding project are other true Okeetee locale cornsnakes. No other corns from any other geographic area have been bred into this line nor has any other morph from captive raised corns. The owner of this snake finally produced a male amel after a few breedings using the female and is hoping to prove out this line with next years breeding results. I PM'd him today and hopefully will have a pair in my collection next year. How cool would it be to have a "true reverse Okeetee" in your collection?
True Okeetee locale amel.... 100_2499
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

True Okeetee locale amel.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Okeetee locale amel....   True Okeetee locale amel.... EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Neat story, nice snake! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com

True Okeetee locale amel....
Page 1 of 1