VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ball python always in water

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

ball python always in water Empty
PostSubject: ball python always in water   ball python always in water EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 pm

So as the title states, one of our ball pythons is ALWAYS in her water dish! I'm just wondering if this is bad for her??? We've checked up and down for mites and have found none...she's also off feed. Anyone know what might be up? Her belly is a little pinker than usual I assume because its soaked all the time..
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: ball python always in water   ball python always in water EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:03 pm

She's probably preparing for a shed if her belly is pink.  I have some that will do this for no reason during parts of the year.  Keep an eye on her belly scales for any signs of deformation and periodical pull her water bowl to give her a chance to dry out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: ball python always in water   ball python always in water EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah we decided to pull her water out a few hours ago because this has been going on for months and I'm afraid she will get scale rot if she continues to sit in the water like she does. Do you think maybe lightly misting her tub will help her with humidity since she won't be able to soak for a few days?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: ball python always in water   ball python always in water EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Yup, if the humidity is too low, they will also take a bath. I would mist daily, monitor and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: ball python always in water   ball python always in water EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:11 pm

I read awhile back that they will do this when they have mites, check her. Other then that i have to agree with Nick..Shed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ball python always in water   ball python always in water Empty

Back to top Go down

ball python always in water
Page 1 of 1