VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tail wagging in Monitors?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

Tail wagging in Monitors? Empty
PostSubject: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Ran across the darnedest thing the other day. I had my Roughneck Monitor out for his daily bath in the shower (it's a stand up shower with a shallow basin) and when he stepped into the shower, he started to wag his tail, just like a dog might. I've never seen a monitor do this befor, anyone have any ideas what it might signify, if anything?
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't know much about monitors but leopard geckos often do this right before they get excited, especially with feeding. I've witness it with bearded dragons too although its much more rare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 pm

We have a Leopard Gecko and I've watched his tail twitch when hunting food. Perhaps Argo (my Roughneck Monitor) was simply happy to be in the water again, hard to say.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I haven't seen it or paid attention enough to see it, maybe excitement, I will watch George to see if he does it, he's getting a bath tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:04 am

Snakes do it when when breeding. Maybe he was hoping you would join him in the shower.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:14 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 am

zues wrote:
Snakes do it when when breeding. Maybe he was hoping you would join him in the shower.

Oh jeez...

Got a female roughneck I can borrow?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail wagging in Monitors?   Tail wagging in Monitors? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail wagging in Monitors?
Page 1 of 1