VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! Empty
PostSubject: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Everyone beware! As most know, I lost almost my entire rat colony last summer from a Purina / Land O' Lakes / MAZURI RECALL. To further express why you should be aware of this company, my dog recently passed away due to unknown reasons that I wrote off as old age. Now I am really starting to wonder because this was the SAME EXACT dog food that she was eating and she exhibited the same symptoms:

http://www.examiner.com/article/purina-s-beneful-dog-food-killing-dogs-nationwide-no-recall-issued-by-fda
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Sorry, this is not a recall because it appears Purina and the FDA doesn't feel the need to yet.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm

this is unforgivable and ill never buy a purina product again. Beware of diamond foods also. I think these companies should be liable for what they are doing!
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

someone just posted on craigs list

free dog food
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:27 pm

i sent them an email and before i could get my 7 word email sent (with your link) the author already took it down so i guess people spammed them
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Well, I'm skeptical for now, I've been feeding Purina Beneful to both my dogs for a few years now and never had a problem. Like the "vaccine scares" this examiner piece could be nothing more than an angry pet owner who is trying to find blame for their dog illness. As of now, I'm skeptical and my dogs have no problems. But, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Found this also:
http://news.msn.com/us/nestl%C3%A9-purinas-beneful-accused-of-poisoning-dogs
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

I remember all problems you had with your rat colony. Thanks for the shout out on this one Nick!

I could be mistaken but I think Beneful and all Purina dog food products contain grain... might as well feed dogs poison. Grain is not part of healthy diet for dogs and is added as a cheap filler to stretch dry dog food. Most people don't have access to an all meat diet but many places sell grain free diets, even Costco has an affordable one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 am

well im not gonna be skeptical at all my dog died
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 am

The thing is we all eat grain. All omnivores do...however, grain may not be the best nutritional food, some humans develop allergies to gluten, then again some humans develop deadly allergies to peanuts...should we ban peanuts? I think this is more of a situation where you need to choose, the right diet for your animals, as you would for yourself. I mean, fast food is deadly to humans, eventually....if we are to judge grain based dog food, then certainly we should be judging the fast food industry and shut it down, because we have empirical evidence that it causes lots of health issues, including DEATH in humans... I mean...that is exactly why the FDA mandates nutritional information on food, so you can make a choice. If we put the value of animals over the value of humans (which certainly this is a philosophical question), then we shouldn't be demanding the FDA recalls dog food if it is no more dangerous than a double quarter pounder with cheese in humans. And for that matter, we should all stop eating grain based food... bread...pasta... etc..etc.. because it's not really good for us. We should ban that too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 am

yeah but has there been reports of people eating one bigmac for the first time in their lives and it killing them? and i think we (animals and people) can/will both eat grains but the story is talking about moldy grains. mold being the extra undesirable ingredient. If you change food temporarily and the story ends up being false then you made your dogs eat some different food and you can switch back. If you change food temporarily and the story ends up being true then you might have avoided your pets early death. but hey im no scientist and im pretty sure i didnt read this whole story...also iv eaten half a sandwich before noticing it had mold on it and im still here
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 am

leftoflarry wrote:
The thing is we all eat grain. All omnivores do...however, grain may not be the best nutritional food, some humans develop allergies to gluten, then again some humans develop deadly allergies to peanuts...should we ban peanuts? I think this is more of a situation where you need to choose, the right diet for your animals, as you would for yourself. I mean, fast food is deadly to humans, eventually....if we are to judge grain based dog food, then certainly we should be judging the fast food industry and shut it down, because we have empirical evidence that it causes lots of health issues, including DEATH in humans... I mean...that is exactly why the FDA mandates nutritional information on food, so you can make a choice. If we put the value of animals over the value of humans (which certainly this is a philosophical question), then we shouldn't be demanding the FDA recalls dog food if it is no more dangerous than a double quarter pounder with cheese in humans. And for that matter, we should all stop eating grain based food... bread...pasta... etc..etc.. because it's not really good for us. We should ban that too.

Exactly, for what you said in bold, people have free choice to do as they do. I certainly don't want the government to ban it. What happened to the concept of individual freedom and responsibility in this country?

Try feeding your dog one bag of grain free food and see if there's a difference in their activity level. If there's not, forget about it, but give it an open mind first. In my own experience, I have a dog that suffered horribly from skin problems. We spent thousands at the vet for a solution but she had no relief. After switching to grain free food, her skin cleared up within one week and the problems never came back. Our other dog, who has always been healthy as a horse, immediately starting losing weight even with free feeding and has never been more energetic since her puppy phase.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 am

Hey, glad to hear your dog cleared up Brian!
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:00 pm

yes but we can choose if we eat healthy or eat fast food. Our pets don't get that choice. They are subject to whatever we feed them. And this isn't about the grain its about the moldy a## corn. You don't see walmart selling rotten milk. And even if they did we wouldn't buy it cause we know its rotten. I think if we got the big company owners once a month to eat a bowl of their kibble it might get better.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Focal wrote:
Hey, glad to hear your dog cleared up Brian!

Thanks! She's doing really great now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!   ANOTHER PURINA RECALL:  DOG FOOD!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER PURINA RECALL: DOG FOOD!!
Page 1 of 1