VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

12x12x12 Exo Terra

Go down 
+2
Focal
Axolotl Girl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 am

I recently came into possession of a 12x12x12 Exo Terra cube and have been trying to figure out what, if anything, can live comfortably in this size terrarium. I've read pictus, viper, and mourning geckos could live in it, as well as pacman frogs and smaller newts but I've also read that none of those will be ok long term in that terrarium so I'm trying to figure out what I can actually do with this tank or if its just a waste of space
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I have a pacman frog in one now and it's a little bigger than a golf ball. It doesn't really use much of the enclosure except a 6" diameter. I think they would work great with a few spiders or a small planted setup. I got this exo from my brother who got it from someone that had a crested in it. I'm not sure if it was appropriately sized for long term housing but the gecko was small.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 pm

A crested wouldn't do well in this size tank long term, I actually used it as a temporary home for one of my females when she was too small to be housed with my larger girl. I think I'm leaning towards a pacman because I know the males stay smaller and might be ok in the tank permanently and if he outgrows it I can always upgrade him to a larger tank
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Viper gecko if you can find one!
Back to top Go down
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Dare I say, perhaps a tarantula or millipede?  I have absolutely no knowledge of keeping either as pets, but I'm just putting that out there.

Or a mantis.  I'm thinking of invertebrates that I saw at the NN show...
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 pm

viper geckos those guys are boss:)
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 pm

As a gecko breeder, I would find it very useful for juvenile geckos. They would have to be upgraded eventually, but I constantly have different ages and sizes that would fit in a cube like that.

If you are looking for something long term, I would suggest a tarantula.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 pm

I think I might end up with a tarantula in it eventually. For the time being I have a tiny pacman in it until he starts getting too big for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12x12x12 Exo Terra   12x12x12 Exo Terra Empty

Back to top Go down

12x12x12 Exo Terra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: