VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gerbils

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

Gerbils Empty
PostSubject: Gerbils   Gerbils EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:18 am

Have any of you ball python owners ever fed gerbils to your snakes? I came across a discussion on fauna and i was curious if any of you have. I never thought about even trying to feed gerbils, but why not? lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Gerbils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerbils   Gerbils EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 am

I have come close a few times. The bad part, from what I understand, is that some snakes won't go back to rats or mice when they start the gerbil crack. They are suppose to be great for non-eaters and the "next best thing to ASF's" from what I'm told.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Gerbils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerbils   Gerbils EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 am

I couldn't do it... I have a hard enough time seeing the cute little brown mice and rats go because the yare so cute... let alone a gerbil... but we do threaten to feed "Manny" (my daughter's robo dwarf hamster) to the snakes if she doesnt feed him regularly like she is supposed to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

Gerbils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerbils   Gerbils EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:15 am

I could deff watch a gerbil get it's ______ chewed on by a snake... however when It comes to Bp's they get rats point blank. Hatchlings get rat pink's and all my hatchlings are started on rat's My thing is if it wont/dont eat rats I dont want it... Bp's can be finiky eaters and well if you dont eat the rat that goes in front of you, ya dont eat until next week .... Just me though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gerbils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerbils   Gerbils Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerbils
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: Feeding and Feeders-
Jump to: