VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArkGullwing
ArkGullwing

Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? Empty
PostSubject: Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?   Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 pm

This is all to the best of my knowledge. Anyone have any further information to add?

OK so, bit of an interesting spider here. Discovered, or rather, classified only in 1996, in Nepal, specifically kathmandu. Only recently added to the hobby of tarantula keepers, this is a fairly rare spider but surprisingly affordable. There is like NO information about this guy on the internet that I can find aside from what I've written here. He/she has quite an expansive array of tunnels throughout the smooth, tightly webbed substrate in its enclosure. Seems it is a rather voracious eater, not too timid. I have NO idea on its lifespan, full adult size, coloration, aggressive/defensive tendencies or anything. OH and I don't even know if a common name even exists for these guys so I'M going to call it, a Kathmandu Tunnel Spider... or something.. lol

Like I said, VERY interesting spider :3 I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? 1351391056.arkgullwing_img_1046
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?   Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:34 am

You may want to check with the America Tarantula Society. Their President, Wade Harrell is a great guy who spent many years in VA before moving out west.
http://atshq.org/contact.php
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?   Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Looks nice, like the gray coloration.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?   Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am

Wow nice web!! I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?   Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys? Empty

Back to top Go down

Haplocosmia Nepalensis... Anyone know any information on these guys?
Page 1 of 1