VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

puppy search

Go down 
+4
ClarkeReptiles
Vergesseneins
Docwade87
ichopz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:26 pm

looking for a puppy for my girlfriend.. anybody know any good breeders.. small short hair breeds please
Back to top Go down
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm

maybe like boston terriers or some thing like that.. no peekapoos and the like
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:27 pm

I was never a small dog fan until I started being around daschunds. Then I got one a year ago and he is the coolest dog ever. They are full of energy and all around great dogs. Easily trained as well. There is a breeder in Church Hill Virginia that I got him from that is AKC certified. Can't remember her name besides she owns a huge farm out there and goes by "lamamama" on most puppy forums she posts on. She has both miniature and regular sized daschunds plus long and short hair.

Boston terriers are great too. My gf has one that is 7 years old and she is still full of energy. They seem to be a little more high strung than the daschunds in my experience. Both are great dogs, just depends on what you like and want. Search the breeds and look for something that fits your lifestyle also. Don't just go by looks. It is important to get a breed that fits your lifestyle, if not you and they will be miserable.

Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm

we have a boston terrier we got as a puppy at beg of summer. If i forget to reply send me a private message but when wife gets home i will get the breeders number...she will b home by 5
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Dachshunds are nice dogs, but they are difficult to train and they have a tendency to eat A LOT. I had a dachshund for 4.5 years. I loved him and he was a very playful dog, but training him was quite a chore. You cannot free-feed them at all and you have to watch portion sizes.

For small dogs I recommend boston terriers (my friend has one, intelligent and playful) and yorkshire terriers (Not and short hair and you have to keep up with the grooming but if you don't mind getting them a haircut every 8 weeks or so, they make GREAT dogs. My grandmother, mother in law, and brother have them.).
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Don

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

We got our last dog from a rescue. They take care of making sure the dog is healthy, had it shots and is fixed. Here is the rescue we used: http://happepets.org/
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 pm

iagree

Due in part to the economy, shelters and rescues are filled with great dogs that need homes.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 pm

I had a min pin, she was a great small dog. I got here from the the min pin rescue.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

puppy search Empty
PostSubject: Re: puppy search   puppy search Empty