VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lobster Roaches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:09 pm

I have quite the colony going, if anyone is interested i was thinking of selling some.

Lobster Roaches Bugs002
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ladycrotalus
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:10 pm

:vomit:

I just had Mexican for lunch and had a daiquiri... lol.. What is the difference in those and dubias? Not that we have any use for them as we only have BPs, but with all the different roaches, is there really any difference??
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:16 pm

smb2585 wrote:
:vomit:

I just had Mexican for lunch and had a daiquiri... lol.. What is the difference in those and dubias? Not that we have any use for them as we only have BPs, but with all the different roaches, is there really any difference??

I wanted dubias but they were more expensive. The only difference i know of is that these guys climb, i have to put a strip of petroleum jelly around the top of the tub so they don't escape. Now if only i can get my boyfriend to stop dropping them when he goes to feed the geckos. I don't have a problem with dropping them, it must be a guy thing.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:17 pm

ooo.. do your cats try to eat them when they get dropped? After a hard rain we get a few "waterbugs" or whatever they are and my cats go nuts trying to get them.
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:21 pm

smb2585 wrote:
ooo.. do your cats try to eat them when they get dropped? After a hard rain we get a few "waterbugs" or whatever they are and my cats go nuts trying to get them.
They swat at them but the roaches are too fast. One of my cats likes to eat spiders, kinda worried about recluses and widows since up in new york there isn't anything that can hurt ya.

edit: I am not worried about my self, in fact i want a pet widow but haven't had a change to really look for any.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Ohh one of our plumbers was in a basement of a property in Norfolk and he ran into a few black widows... I have the pictures at home on my home computer... Spiders are neat/interesting but I don't know how I feel about having one... my cats like to eat those, the "Waterbugs" after the rain, and flies... or atleast kill them and leave their bodies wherever after they tear their wings or legs off and they can't move lol.
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm

smb2585 wrote:
Ohh one of our plumbers was in a basement of a property in Norfolk and he ran into a few black widows... I have the pictures at home on my home computer... Spiders are neat/interesting but I don't know how I feel about having one... my cats like to eat those, the "Waterbugs" after the rain, and flies... or atleast kill them and leave their bodies wherever after they tear their wings or legs off and they can't move lol.

My boyfriend found a widow in his shop or garage i don't remember but he didn't catch it for me. I have been lookin around the house for some but haven't found any yet.
Are these the waterbugs you get after a rain? Lobster Roaches Giant_water_bug
We get up after a rain in new york too, i will help em off the asphalt if i have a container but i have heard their bites are painful.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:58 pm

OOOh now I googled it... its the "american cockroach"... vomit... if we get a heavy rain or a day or two of rain we have a few in the house... after the last hurricane we had to have the people come spray our yard, under the house, in the house and the attic... we have very moist ground that you sink in when you walk and they are a pain in the butt to get to go away... they fly too aparently... my daughter had one in her room and I went in and it started to fly toward the door way... we screamed like girls and ran and jumped on her bed and hid lol.
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:06 pm

smb2585 wrote:
OOOh now I googled it... its the "american cockroach"... vomit... if we get a heavy rain or a day or two of rain we have a few in the house... after the last hurricane we had to have the people come spray our yard, under the house, in the house and the attic... we have very moist ground that you sink in when you walk and they are a pain in the butt to get to go away... they fly too aparently... my daughter had one in her room and I went in and it started to fly toward the door way... we screamed like girls and ran and jumped on her bed and hid lol.

If ya haven't figured it out yet i am a bug lover. Especially roaches, they are my fave insect. I am excited being down here and getting to come across bugs i don't know. I find it fun to identify them. So far i have met camel crickets, those things are fun. Found a house centipede too but i have found those in new york so they aren't as exciting.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:35 pm

interesting... lol... I don't like bugs really... of any sort... but we do have a lot lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lobster Roaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobster Roaches   Lobster Roaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Lobster Roaches
Page 1 of 1