VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snake shipping

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:43 pm

ladycrotalus and I looking at making a deal on a snake, but neither of us can seem to make our schedules match up. Time is limited and we're thinking the best option right now is to ship, but neither of us has experience shipping nor do we have the supplies. Is there anyone in the area who can help us out. We really just need someone in the Chantilly area with shipping supplies and the knowelege of how to do it who would allow us to buy the supplies off of them and help us figure out how to ship.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Is this a venomous snake?

Thanks,
Larry
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
Is this a venomous snake?

Thanks,
Larry

Boa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ladycrotalus
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 pm

If you can't find anyone local in Chantily, You can buy a single shipping kit from www.shipyourreptiles.com and there's detailed instructions on how to ship. I believe the size restrictions for shipping FedEx are on the site as well but you could always call. I'm happy to help answer any specific questions.

You may need to do Delta Dash depending on the size. In that case, you need to build a wooden crate for shipping. I've never used Delta Dash so I can't offer any more help on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Don

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Ship your Repitles is the place to go. You can get packing materials, etc. Brian is right on the mark. I've used them lots of times and never had a problem. I've also used Delta Dash, but SYR is cheaper and you don't have to go to the airport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
If you can't find anyone local in Chantily, You can buy a single shipping kit from www.shipyourreptiles.com and there's detailed instructions on how to ship. I believe the size restrictions for shipping FedEx are on the site as well but you could always call. I'm happy to help answer any specific questions.

You may need to do Delta Dash depending on the size. In that case, you need to build a wooden crate for shipping. I've never used Delta Dash so I can't offer any more help on that.

I was looking at syr but it takes 5-7 days to receive the kit and i am leaving saturday. I would rather ship him while i am still in virginia that way the transit time is less than it would be if i shipped him from massena ny, plus i don't think i there is a nearby fedex hub up there. He is still small, about the size of a ball python so i think i don't have to use delta dash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ladycrotalus
Sponsored content

Snake shipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake shipping   Snake shipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Snake shipping
Page 1 of 1