VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

a question to ask

Go down 
+2
Kittiekat149
dj6884
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:50 pm

their is a guy on cl saying reptiles are illegal in newportnews virginia can someone shed some light on this situation
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Kittiekat149

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Never listen to anyone on CL.. I'm sure as with everywhere there are certain restrictions but not illegal.
Back to top Go down
Lilithlee

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:12 pm

I found this after asking about permints, thought it would be helpful.

County/City Restrictions:

•Arlington County - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Chesterfield County - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Fairfax County (including the City of Alexandria) - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Gloucester County - No possession of venomous or poisonous animals.

•Middlesex County - No possession of venomous or poisonous animals, no harmless snakes over 6 ft and no "constrictor type snakes".

•Newport News - No possession of venomous snakes.
•Norfolk - Poisonous (venomous) animals require a permit.

•Portsmouth - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Prince William County - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Spotsylvania County (including the City of Fredericksburg) - No possession of venomous snakes.

•Stafford County - No possession of venomous snakes.

As you can see reptile are a loud but some, mostly snake, have a rew rules.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I belive there a section with a VA law link on here some where. But it may not cover local laws. Nick or Don may be able to link you to it. And I agree with the above post dont belive everything on the internet. Do your reserch.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:21 pm

I find it hilariously awful that some places ban all venomous and constrictor type snakes...

It's like banning indoor AND outdoor cats
or purebred and mutt dogs.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a question to ask Empty
PostSubject: Re: a question to ask   a question to ask Empty

Back to top Go down

a question to ask
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: