VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finicky Ball Python

Go down 
+3
Shelleyshadows
Grymm
Dbaldwin024
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dbaldwin024
Dbaldwin024

Finicky Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Hey guys, I know I'm not the only one but I have a female that hasn't eaten in about a month now and I've tried frozen and live because she has taken both before but she still won't eat. She does show interest in the frozen but never strikes it. I've tried a few other things with it like heating the head up a little more than the body and stuff but still nothing. She hasn't been cooled by any means. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Honestly if she hasnt lost any significant weight I wouldn't worry about it. My two largest females have both been off feed for the past 4 weeks and they were pounding lager rats like champs before. Nothing has changed on my end of things sometimes they just decide to go off food for a while and it always seems to be females or males who are almost there on weight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Dbaldwin024
Dbaldwin024

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Yea she hasn't lost any weight really. I'm just going to try every week until she picks back up. Ill be so happy haha shes 1100 gram cini that I want ready for next season.
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Thats what i keep doing eventually they will eat again and sometimes offering smaller helps. Ive had a few that it worked on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Shelleyshadows
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Shelleyshadows

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

I have a male albino that hasn't eaten since April 3rd. I talked to my reptile vet about ball feeding way back when I only had one, and he said he's seen a ball go without feed for over a year and survive. When she's hungry, she'll eat (8
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755407926
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 pm

I have one that hasn't eaten for 4-5 months now. She will be alright Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 am

A month is nothing for a ball python. She'll be fine. I've had snakes go off feed for months at a time and then one day out of the blue, start eating.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:15 pm

A few years ago, I had a large, really nice genetic-banded male go 11 months without eating. He was a nice weight when we got him, but he would not eat anything. He actually didn't lose all that much weight, surprisingly enough. Vets couldn't find anything wrong, and the previous owner said he did it all the time (would've been nice to know that before we bought him :/). We tried every suggestion we could find with him. When he finally did eat, he hit the rat so hard, it flung blood 8 feet up from the table he sat on to splatter the ceiling of the loft apartment.

It was impressive, to say the least.

But we were new to keeping BPs and I wasn't comfortable keeping a snake that would only eat once a year so we rehomed him to someone more experienced, for his own good. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Dbaldwin024
Dbaldwin024

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Yea I'm not really worried about her surviving I know she will but I really need her to get bigger haha.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 pm

ihave a het hypo girl who hasnt eaten for 3 or 4 months, she should come around though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finicky Ball Python   Finicky Ball Python Empty

Back to top Go down

Finicky Ball Python
Page 1 of 1