VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! Empty
PostSubject: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Woohoo! I found something new I haven't seen before, just don't know what it is. I was splitting logs for my parents out by the Dismal Swap and this gal (?) was standing her ground. I took probably a thousand pictures and just kept moving in slowly. Eventually, I was right up on her, within inches, and she was totally fine until I reached for her scratch I did leave all the logs around her in case she had eggs in there.

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! A09aa786

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! Db76a8e3

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! 6d4208c9

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! 402dab0d

Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

looks like an Eastern Fence Lizard Smile It's always exciting to find something outside!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Nice find! It is indeed a female eastern fence lizard (Sceloporus undulatus).
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 am

Very cool fence lizard
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 am

looks neat Smile never seen one either.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks!! If it's a fence lizard, he wasn't on duty Facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!   Did a little dangerous field herpin' today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Did a little dangerous field herpin' today!
Page 1 of 1