VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Thibo703

Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:06 pm

So I read through SB477 and HB 1242 and its a little unclear as to what animals are and aren't included. At the moment I only have a red tail boa so I would really like to know how the next section affects me.
SB477 says:
""Dangerous wild animal" means any individual animal of the following scientific classifications:
(2) Family Boidae: anacondas (Genus Eunectes), boa constrictors (Boa constrictor), Burmese pythons (Python molurus), reticulated pythons (Python reticulatus), amethystine pythons (Morelia amethistina), scrub pythons (Morelia kinghorni), Northern African pythons (Python sebae), Southern African pythons (Python natalensis)."

And HB 1242 says:
"It is unlawful for any person to possess, sell, transfer, or breed any of the following animals:
b. Family Boidae, to include all species that may be described as family Pythonidae: all species and hybrids of the genera Apodora (pythons), Eunectes (anacondas), Liasis (pythons), Morelia (pythons), and Python (pythons); excluding Morelia viridis (green tree pythons), Python anchietae (Angolan pythons), and Python regius (ball or royal pythons)."

Does the House bill include all Boidae or just the ones listed? Why are there two different bills trying to do the same thing and do both affect all of the US? What is the difference between HB 1242 and SB 477 other than one is House one is Senate, specifically how do they affect us differently? Sorry US Gov was my least favorite class. lol

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Both bills have been tabled. One was originated in the House (HB 1242) and one in the Senate (SB477). This frequently happens with legislation, where both sides of the Legislature introduces similar bills. Once they get out of committee and voted on by the full floor, they pass them over and have a cross-over reconciliation (if it passes). Luckily, we don't have to worry until next year.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Thibo703

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Ok, Thanks for clarifying that bit. And this would be a US wide law if passed?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

No, this is in Virginia. If it comes back up we will need people o show in Richmond to help defeat it.
Back to top Go down
Thibo703
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Thibo703

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Count me in, how can I get a notification for when this would be?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Pay attention here. If you hear on the news that the legislature is in session, we may be called to action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks   Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry but could someone please explain in layman's terms?? Thanks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Events and News :: Virginia Legislation and Bills-
Jump to: