VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super worms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Super worms Empty
PostSubject: Super worms   Super worms EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

For the life of me, I cannot get superworms to survive. My other feeder colonies are doing well. My mealworms have already had their second set of babies (I saw teeny weeny babies in their drawer yesterday and I already have another drawer with babies that are slightly larger). My dubias are doing well for being kept so chilly. I've been keeping them at 75 and they reproduce slowly. I just moved them to a warmer spot (85+) so I should see an increase in production soon.

But superworms I just have no luck with. I can get them to pupate and become beetles, but once they become beetles, they die within a day or so. My longest living beetle was maybe 4-5 days. I had them on the same food as the mealworms (oats) with carrots and potato as moisture. The mealworms and darkling beetles do great on it, but the superworm beetles just die. Has anyone had any success raising these? My leopard gecko eats superworms, dubia roaches and crickets, and while she would do just fine on just dubia and crickets, I like to provide her with variety, and I also plan on getting a male leo at some point.

Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Super worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super worms   Super worms EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Yea I pretty much give up on these for now. I can't figure it out. Out of the entire container I got at least 10 to pupate to beetles (probably more, I forgot to count) and each one died. I have no superworms left to pupate. I'm going to take the drawer unit and simply convert it into more mealworm drawers since my mealworms APPEAR to be doing well. I have one drawer with babies I'm trying to grow up and in the beetle drawer I found more baby mealworms. I going to be expanding the colony soon.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/

Super worms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: Feeding and Feeders-
Jump to: