VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

USARK Fund Raiser....

Go down 
+3
Cp3_Pythons
Focal
Docwade87
7 posters

Would you support the auction?
Yes, I would bid on the Gecko
USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_lcap0%USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, I would rather donate money directly to USARK
USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_lcap29%USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
No, I don't want to be involved
USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_lcap0%USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, But I would rather it be a different reptile species. If so, tell me what you would like to see!
USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_lcap71%USARK Fund Raiser.... Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

USARK Fund Raiser.... Empty
PostSubject: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello all,
I am not sure if any of you are aware of who USARK is and what they do....they stand for United States Association of Reptile Keepers. Andrew Wyatt is the CEO and founder and was part of the fight here in VA to stop the Bills that were being proposed against reptiles; specifically snake species. USARK was also involved in the House bill that was passed however, they were able to keep several species off of the list. USARK has been involved in many other things to help us reptile keepers be able to do what we love. Read more about them here... http://www.usark.org/index.php

Now that the House of Rep. bill has passed, more states are trying to do things like VA did with banning snake species and reptiles in general unless you have a permit; i.e. Rhode Island (S2033) and I am sure many more are to come. We need to help fund the USARK so that Andrew and all others involved with USARK can fight for our rights. If they run out of funding, then it is going to be really hard to get anywhere.

Here is what I have in mind. I was thinking about auctioning one of my Juvenile Cresteds off and all proceeds after $25 go to USARK. Would any of you be interested in doing something like this??

If not, here is another option, you can either join USARK and become a member and donate, or just donate however much you can to them (even if it is a dollar a month or even a week), every bit will help.

Let me know what y'all think.....at the very least, look at their site and learn a little about the USARK and what they have done and continue to do. Plus look at all the bills that have been fought and are continuing to be fought. They also have petitions that you can sign and it will send them to all the Representatives that are proposing the bill.

Last edited by Docwade87 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 pm

I think it's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

I need as much feedback as possibly so if you are for this or have any suggestions or just flat out don't want to have anything to do with this let me know
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:58 pm

I didn't vote on the poll because there wasn't an option that would fit for my situation.

I would bid on an auction for USARK, but probably not on a gecko because I don't keep them nor have the means to. If I was in the market to get one as a gift, I definitely would. I know we have a few people that are into geckos, I am just not sure how many to make the auction worth it.

Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 pm

alright Nick, sorry about changing it so much. Added one more choice and I think it will fit your situation and possibly others that may not be interested in a gecko but like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I like the idea... of auctioning things and a portion of the proceeds go to Usark... not sure I'd bid on a Gecko although But I'm sure some would... Would we have a particular section for these auctions to be held or simply post them in the classifieds??
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Classifieds will work great!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:01 pm

I like that thought,
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Good Idea! I personally won't bid on a gecko but possibly a nice ball if it comes out and I have the funds available.
Back to top Go down
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:23 pm

someone should auction off a leopard gecko for this. I really want one and my little sister does too. She asks me everyday if can get one. ha.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I will have Leo's up for auction tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 pm

sweet please if you can inform me when you put them up. Really want one.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 am

Perhaps some of the other breeders would be willing to donate one of their babies to the cause as well. If our blue tongue has babies, I would consider adding one of them to the pot for a cause like this. We won't know for another month or so, but the pair has been quite amorous with each other so I have high hopes. The more babies (and varieties of different kinds of animals) we have, the more support we would be able to provide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USARK Fund Raiser....   USARK Fund Raiser.... Empty

Back to top Go down

USARK Fund Raiser....
Page 1 of 1