VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area Empty
PostSubject: F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area   F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 5:20 am

Does anyone know of any breeders in the DC/Woodbridge VA area, or fairly close by? Also, going to be getting a retic in the next couple of months and looking at possibly investing in a small freezer in the near future to contain the feeders. For the time being I'll need pups and eventually weaned once she's grown a fair amount bigger. Any and all insight/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Also: would getting chicks also be a good idea to mix up her diet, or should I only be sticking to rats? I understand the smell/consistency of the retic's waste is significally different between the different types of food in its diet, I'm just interested in keeping the snake as healthy as possible.
Back to top Go down
ProjectPython
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area   F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:38 am

Got my chest freezer at Lowe's for $99.  Not what I would call an "investment" but super handy to have in the room adjacent to my snake room.

There are definitely folks who breed rodents in the area, but I got tired of trying to find them, make contact, attempting to get schedules to line up (on the weekends of course), and then driving to some random strip mall to meet.

If you want varied items (chicks, etc.) and a regular supply, go to perfectprey or other company and just pay the delivery fee to avoid the headache.  I get a box every 2-3 weeks and everything is vacuum sealed.  I just dump it into my $99 freezer and I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area   F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:17 pm

My only concern with ordering online is a varying work schedule. I rotate shifts between mornings, afternoons and graveyards, so my biggest fear I guess you could call it is getting home and finding a box of thawed prey on the doorstep. That's a great price for a freezer, I will look into both. Thank you for the input.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area   F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:53 pm

PythonMan89 wrote:
My only concern with ordering online is a varying work schedule. I rotate shifts between mornings, afternoons and graveyards, so my biggest fear I guess you could call it is getting home and finding a box of thawed prey on the doorstep.
Keep an eye on CL for chest freezers, they go cheap.

You can stock up for six months worth of feeders if you order in April when it's not too hot - whole prey even without being vacuum sealed stays good for a very long time. They're also shipped with dry ice in insulated boxes. I've ordered online with no issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area   F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area Empty

Back to top Go down

F/T in DC/Woodbridge, VA Area
Page 1 of 1