VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newest black rat snake morph

Go down 
+2
Deedle
RalphMills
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Newest black rat snake morph Empty
PostSubject: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 am

These are Moonshine rat snakes.  The original male was found in Horry County, SC by my friend Jim Godfrey.  It is a tyrasinase positive albino (T+ albino).  He also captured a female normal colored about 100 yds from where he found the Moonshine male.  This is about as locale specific as it gets!  And it is a locale specific morph to boot!!  These come from the integrade region where black rat snakes and yellow rat snake range overlap producing the greenish rat snake.  The name Moonshine rat snake was coined because the pattern on the original male's head reminded Jim of the craters you see when looking at the moon.  The sire to my hatchlings was the original wild caught Moonshine male and the dam is an F2 visual from the wild caught female.  These are the very first visual to visual breeding hatchlings.  When they mature the take on a very bright yellow coloring that is much brighter than the yellow rat snakes.
Newest black rat snake morph 20140820_124057
Newest black rat snake morph 20140820_124041
Newest black rat snake morph 20140820_124035
Newest black rat snake morph 20140820_124025
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:25 am

As with all Rat Snakes I'm sure the adults look much better. Interesting little hatchling.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Wow Ralph that is a nice looking animal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Here is an adult
Newest black rat snake morph IMG_107759440341319
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:22 pm

That is pretty awesome Ralph. I figured as much they would be great looking adults that is a pretty big color change love it.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Very frickin' cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 pm

That's an awesome snake!
Back to top Go down
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest black rat snake morph   Newest black rat snake morph Empty

Back to top Go down

Newest black rat snake morph
Page 1 of 1