VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!

Go down 
+5
b_rickard
DaganGecko
smd58
gatto152
Mike.OutbackReptiles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! Empty
PostSubject: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm

A friend of mine found these at the Arizona show and picked them up for me. I've been scouting around for a good deal on a pair for a while, and I'm so stoked I got them!

New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! 384417_205982356144347_100001977524458_479267_1833472407_n

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/the.surreal.deal
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 pm

That one that I've had on a list of snakes to get one day, congrats on the snakes and a good friend watching out for you.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 am

They are beautiful! Can you tell us some information about them? As I've never seen them and I've been to a lot of shows, I'd think they are a bit rare. They do appear similar to carpet pythons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 am

Nice pair. I am wondering house much is a good deal on them now??
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:56 am

Very nice! They are on my wanted list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 am

b_rickard wrote:

I got the pair for only a little bit more than lone baby females are going for on kingsnake Smile
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:39 pm

b_rickard wrote:

He he! You said "nice pair!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
They are beautiful! Can you tell us some information about them? As I've never seen them and I've been to a lot of shows, I'd think they are a bit rare. They do appear similar to carpet pythons.

They are actually very closely related to ball pythons. Their care is very similar, although tey tend to grow a little bit longer and not as thick as ball pythons.

The reason they aren't very common is because of where they are found... They range from southern Angola into Namibia. Namibia does not allow the collection of this species, and Angola, having been locked in civil war on and off for a few decades, is so full of land mines nobody wants to go into the woods looking for snakes.

So the few people who breed them in captivity like to charge a pretty penny for their rare CBB pythons! I'm glad I found this pair and I can't wait to produce my own.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 am

Can you breed an angolan to a BP? I am not big on hybrids but they look so closely related to BP that it almost makes sense that you can cross breed them.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 am

MADKATTER wrote:
Can you breed an angolan to a BP? I am not big on hybrids but they look so closely related to BP that it almost makes sense that you can cross breed them.

Yes, its called an angry ball Laughing

I'm not big on mass production of hybrids but there are a few I would love for my own person collection. This being one (hidden gene woma X angol):

New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! 5577107_orig
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 am

That is one hot snake! When you breed an angry ball back to a ball python, the resulting offspring are called Mongral balls, yes?

Nice looking angolans!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:46 am

Great looking snakes!
Back to top Go down
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:43 pm

OK So it was a good deal... until two days later I found a pair online for $100 cheaper than i paid!!! Such is life lol!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Mike.OutbackReptiles wrote:
OK So it was a good deal... until two days later I found a pair online for $100 cheaper than i paid!!! Such is life lol!
Ouch,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!   New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons! Empty

Back to top Go down

New pickup: 1.1 Angolan Pythons!
Page 1 of 1