VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 am

so i noticed one of my breeder normals that came from a breeder has loose stool so put some gloves on and cleaned it up and noticed a 4 inch flat white worm yuck! she is the only one with this everyone else has healthy poops no worms now my question is their anything over the counter i can use to get rid of these things probably going to do everyone being cant do a vet visite being i just spent 1200 on my horses vet bill being she colicked on me any help would be greatly apreciated
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am

You need some Panacur, maybe some Flagyl too, just to be safe. If you google Panacur and Ball Pythons, you can find the dosage. I have it at home and can post it later.

You are going to need some needle-less syringes and someone to help you get it down his throat. I believe panacur dosage is weekly for 3-4 weeks and flagyl will be bi-weekly for 2-3 dosas.

Check kingsnake, I believe a couple people sell it on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zoogleflorp
zoogleflorp

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Is this just a normal-type of tapeworm? I hadn't heard of balls getting this before, it would be good to know in case one my snakes ever gets sick like this.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 pm

These are the dosages that I found online a while back. I can not say that they are wrong or right. I treat some of the snakes I buy just as a precautionary measure so I am not sure if I ever successfully removed any parasites or worms. I am not a vet nor can I be sure I am giving you dependable advice. I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you speak and verify this with a vet first. I am also unsure about any laws.

For Panacur, I found a recommendation of 50-75mg/kg for Ball Pythons. I found Panacur online so I assume you don't need prescription.

I found 888mg packets and I mixed one packet with 20ml of distilled water equaling 44.4mg/ml. For the minimum recommendation of Panacur, I would use just a hair over one milliliter of this suspension I just mixed for every 1000g's of Ball Python; just over two milliliters for every 2000g's etc.

For Flagyl, I found a recommendation of 25mg/kg for Ball Pythons. I purchased a 50mg/ml suspension off of Kingsnake.com. I used half a milliliter for every 1000g's of Ball Python.

The reason I mentioned Flagyl, is because if it has worms, it may have other parasites. I never treated both Flagyl and Panacur on the same day. I would research like crazy before attempting any of this first.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

I've used Panacur, and got it by the tube at tractor supply. Your dosages look ok to me Nick, that's what a vet I work with told me to use.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 pm

thankyou so much for your help also should i be worried that anyone else could get this only one in contact was a male breeder he has only bred her
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

I would just assume all have it at this point and treat everyone. Your best bet would be to quarantine those two and call a vet and see what they say about doing all your snakes. They may not charge that much to see them all as a group or just may need everyones weight and see just the one. I would call and tell them everything you posted here.
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm

This is one of many reasons why I don't feed live!!!
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

this girl didnt eat good when i got her and has acted funny since i got her i know its not my rats being i wormed them when i first started the colony
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm

dj6884 wrote:
this girl didnt eat good when i got her and has acted funny since i got her i know its not my rats being i wormed them when i first started the colony

Worming the adult breeders only works until you have your first litter. Any offspring will be born with worms and the adults will likely be reinfected though contact with feces.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am

if they would eat frozen thawed that would be awesome but cant get them to eat ft had a couple almost starve they didnt want to eat it so live is all i have unfortunatly but contacted the breeder this snake came directly from africa so being the only one infected im assuming its being cause she was wild caught never had any of my cbb or cb adults with this issue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!   NEED HELP ASAP!! Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP ASAP!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: